Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Pathfinder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I read in the service manual where I can place jack stands to lift the vehicle up. Are there any places on the 2017 pathfinder that are suitable for jack stands placements other than the pinch welds? I want to do tire rotations so I'm looking for the correct spots to place the jacks, while having all 4 wheels off the ground. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,698 Posts
I put stands up against the front or rear subrame, or any substantial areas under the lower control arms for the rear.

·
Registered
Pathfinder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I went under the vehicle to take a really good look. Are these suitable jacking points and jack stand locations?

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Attachments

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
I've used the second to lift it but not with a jack stand. I don't like using jack stands on suspension components (last pick), the stand might slip when the suspension gets compressed (unless you lifted the vehicle by this same component).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
@MonkeyRPN Your 2017 is really clean underneath! My 2019 isn't nearly as rust free under there and I've sprayed the cavities and underside with fluid film and woolwax several times. Darn Buffalo winters.

·
Registered
Pathfinder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MonkeyRPN Your 2017 is really clean underneath! My 2019 isn't nearly as rust free under there and I've sprayed the cavities and underside with fluid film and woolwax several times. Darn Buffalo winters.
Thanks! That’s good to hear~ I have the Vancouver winter here so there’s quite a bit of salt used throughout the season. I try to rinse the bottom a few times during winter if it’s not so cold it would freeze over.

·
Registered
Pathfinder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Um… so jacking up the car is pretty anxiety provoking! I thought it should be pretty straight forward. I had wanted to get the vehicle up on wheel cribs so I have more space to drain the transmission fluid. I tried starting with the front first, and there’s so much sag on the suspension I jacked the car so high up but only got a less than a inch of the left wheel off the ground. And I guess my drive way isn’t as leveled as I thought? The right wheel is still on the ground when the left isn’t. I wasn’t comfortable this first go to jack up higher to get the first layer of wheel crib under the wheels. What else should I try? Can I jack from the lower control arm like hattieconner suggested? Would that reduce the suspension sag? I also looked under the car more closely, and did a mock placement of jack stands. Is it suitable? Thanks for all your input. I’m learning a lot here. Much appreciated. For now.. I’m just gonna squeeze myself under the car without lifts to do the transmission fluid change.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
For now.. I’m just gonna squeeze myself under the car without lifts to do the transmission fluid change.
That's all I ever do and I'm shaped like a russet potato. You don't need to get under the vehicle for engine oil or CVT fluid changes. Basically just a reach-under.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello,

I read in the service manual where I can place jack stands to lift the vehicle up. Are there any places on the 2017 pathfinder that are suitable for jack stands placements other than the pinch welds? I want to do tire rotations so I'm looking for the correct spots to place the jacks, while having all 4 wheels off the ground. Thanks.
Curious. Why not put the jack stands on the pinch welds? Isn’t that what they’re for?

Also, hello fellow vancouverite

1 - 11 of 11 Posts