Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,714 Posts
The Xterra was discontinued in 2015 but there have been rumors that Nissan is considering bringing it back.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,008 Posts
I think something like the Xterra would have sold like crazy the last 2-3yrs, with the low cost of fuel in the US and the rate at which light truck sales have been selling.

Now and going forward? I don't see it if it's the same vehicle that gets ~16mpg average.

I know I've said it a lot, but what's the point when something like my 400hp hemi powered crew cab pickup routinely gets 21+ MPG tank to tank daily driving. More on long highway runs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So far, all of the reviews/previews have been done with a static display Pathfinder prototype. I have yet to see an actual test drive. I am anxious to see the first driving reviews to see how it performs. Looks aside (which are enough to get attention), I see lots to like in this new model. I especially like that when the second and third rows are folded, the new Pathfinder can accommodate a 4 x 8 sheet of building material flat!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
87 Posts
The 2022 are popping up in some Nissan dealerships across North America. A test drive might me available very soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Until now, pretty much all of the reviews have been of a 2022 Pathfinder on static display. Today, auto vlogger Alex on Autos posted photos of his test drive. His full review should follow in a couple of days! Check him out on Facebook to see his photos. His video will appear there and on his YouTube page in the next couple of days (or, if Nissan has an embargo, whenever they give a release date for reviews).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello, there are couple of videos with test drives, one with soft off-road 😄

Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello, there are couple of videos with test drives, one with soft off-road 😄

Enjoy!
Hello... those are not test drive reviews. Those are still essentially static display reviews. Nissan has an embargo on showing on-road test drives and pricing until June 9th. Any reviewer who breaks that embargo will have difficulty getting invitations to future events.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello... those are not test drive reviews. Those are still essentially static display reviews. Nissan has an embargo on showing on-road test drives and pricing until June 9th. Any reviewer who breaks that embargo will have difficulty getting invitations to future events.
Yeah your are right, I never said they were reviews. Just test drives. No comments or reviews on the ride itself. But we actually get to see (and hear) the PF actually moving unlike the older videos.

Nissan is playing their anticipation game right this time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
June 9th (today) is the day that the embargo on drive test reviews and pricing was lifted, so you'll see reviews from the likes of Alex on Autos, Raiti's Rides, Redline Reviews, The Fast Lane, and other popular YouTube auto reviewers. Check them out! It appears Nissan has a winner on its hands.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
This just came out. Prices for Canada.

Four trim levels will be offered, all with 4WD: The S at $43,798; SV at $46,798; SL at $50,398; and Platinum at $54,398. The sole option package is the SL Premium, which adds $1,800; and the destination and handling charge on all trims is $1,860.

As a reference, I paid $37k plus tax for mine, can't remember what the MSRP was back then. The 2022 equivalent would be at ($50.4+$1.8+$1.8) = $54k... yikes !

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,714 Posts
Sticker price for this 2022 SV in Tennessee is over $40,000 USD.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts