Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love the fact that Nissan did not jump on the turbo bandwagon and kept true to the V6 engine, I despise these new turbo engines being shoved in the market now a day which only make driving more dangerous.

Not a big fan of the platinum wheels, they look like toyota knock offs, that was weird they didn't do something original like all the other years.

Overall it does look nice. Kinda looks like a BMW X7 from the back with the exception of the big Pathfinder letters lol. I hope it sells well so residual value stays strong and good programs are released for us buyers.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
893 Posts
Apparently it's the ZF 9spd that other manufacturers had some issues with early on, but supposedly they're sorted now. I wonder if any other Nissans are going back to traditional step-shift automatics. Sorry if I missed it, but are they dropping the Murano for 2022?

Hopefully nothing major happens with my 2019 for the next couple years I'll own it. I buy Nissans mainly because they tend to be a bargain used. The used market it nuts now, and car rental co's have tightened up their fleets, so the bargains aren't there now.

The 2022 Frontier looks pretty sweet too. 9spd auto in that too. Not sure if it's a Jatco or ZF though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
LOL the spy shot of the back they redesigned it to copy the last 6 years ago range rover lettering across the back, hood and rear styling but didn't redesign the important things like brake rotor, caliper pad & piston size, out of date CVT technology mechanics, minibike oil filter, let me guess same cooling fan motors from Italy too? lol New members joining soon as the family here gets bigger =)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Traditional 9 spd auto is not all sunshine and rainbows either. Go see jeep Cherokee forums, not grand Cherokee. Just as many 9spd hate and fail threads over there as cvt problems here. Hope Nissan has this one figured out...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Traditional 9 spd auto is not all sunshine and rainbows either. Go see jeep Cherokee forums, not grand Cherokee. Just as many 9spd hate and fail threads over there as cvt problems here. Hope Nissan has this one figured out...
From what I have read, the problem with the ZF 9-speed is more with 4-cylinder engines and not the 6-cylinder models of the Cherokee. The Grand Cherokee comes in 6 and 8-cylinder models. I rented a Grand Cherokee this past October, and I had no qualms about that ZF transmission. The GC is just too big for an everyday rig for me, but I came away impressed and would rent that again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I have read, the problem with the ZF 9-speed is more with 4-cylinder engines and not the 6-cylinder models of the Cherokee. The Grand Cherokee comes in 6 and 8-cylinder models. I rented a Grand Cherokee this past October, and I had no qualms about that ZF transmission. The GC is just too big for an everyday rig for me, but I came away impressed and would rent that again.
Sorry, the exact opposite. More issues with 6 cyl than 4. The zf9 is also in the smaller , lighter renegade and compass 4cyl with no issue like the Cherokee. Grand gets the 8spd, which is not troublesome like the 9 spd.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, the exact opposite. More issues with 6 cyl than 4. The zf9 is also in the smaller , lighter renegade and compass 4cyl with no issue like the Cherokee. Grand gets the 8spd, which is not troublesome like the 9 spd.
You’re right. It’s an 8-speed in GM the GC. However, online reviewers I trust say the 9-speed works better with the 6-cyl Cherokee than does the 4.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Well I was wrong about the CVT- thank goodness! It is a bit of a relief that they've stopped using that POS CVT; but too little, too late for me. Like Dad said, "Never buy the first model year of anything".

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium
9 Posts
just watch the youtube review about this new pathfinder, so happy they did alot of update on technology, but im not a fan of the big pathfinder badge on the truck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
just watch the youtube review about this new pathfinder, so happy they did alot of update on technology, but im not a fan of the big pathfinder badge on the truck.
They are taking notes from others like Explorer, Telluride and Land Rover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So this new 2022 R53 PF rides on the same platform; uses the same engine/motor, possibly has carry over suspension and braking system components/parts. So what's different? The ZF 9-speed, the exterior/interior design and some added electronics? From a developmental cost perspective, the new R53 would have been cheaper to roll-out for Nissan than the outgoing model. Therefore, can we expect more aggressive pricing and great deals when it arrives at showrooms?

·
Registered
139 Posts
First time i watch the videos from youtube, was just taking a glimpse when it was introduce. Anyway, i like the exterior and interior, except the third row, should have stuck with just a 2 sitter third row. No more cvt, but i read some issues also on the zf 9speed. I know some who have a honda pilot with the zf 9speed, and is having problems also.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
893 Posts
So this new 2022 R53 PF rides on the same platform; uses the same engine/motor, possibly has carry over suspension and braking system components/parts. So what's different? The ZF 9-speed, the exterior/interior design and some added electronics? From a developmental cost perspective, the new R53 would have been cheaper to roll-out for Nissan than the outgoing model. Therefore, can we expect more aggressive pricing and great deals when it arrives at showrooms?
If it is indeed the same basic chassis and suspension, I'd at least hope they make the new 9spd easily serviceable and it would be great if it allows for better access to the troublesome undersized and under-lubed transfer case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope they offer a new Xterra that rides on the Frontier chassis to compete with the 4runner
Nissan has the Terra based on the D23 NP300 Frontier/Navara for international markets. Perhaps some retooling can bring it to the North American market. If not, that new American Frontier would make a great start for a 4Runner competitor.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts