Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tricky, I'm with you. My 17 is paid for and doing me good. With that said, I am interested in the improvements for the new model. Out with the CVT, in with the 9 speed tranny?? Maybe a little beefier look? Would love to see higher ground clearance and transmission options for the 4WD as follows:
1) 2WD
2) 4W Auto with options to
a) Lock Front Axle,
b) Lock Rear Axle,
c) Lock Transfer.
I think this could step up the SUV badge to compete in the market.
I don't usually buy the 1st year of a new model. Look at the history of the R52. Came out in 2013 and took 4 years to (hopefully) work out the CVT issues. By the time the issues are worked out of this new model, I may be in the market to replace my 17.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nissan needs to step up there technology. Its terrible seeing how still in my 2015 I don't have bluetooth streaming or a touch screen and my 2013 escape had all those features and some. Hopefully the new pathfinder fulfills all of these grievances owners have had with the R52. The vehicle itself is great IMO, it just needs a few perks to make it perfect.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The spy shots make it look like a Citadel. Still the same old crappy CVT. Fool me once...
I am pretty sure the 2022 won't have a CVT.

I have been searching for a while for a replacement for my PF, Its been fine for 100k km (60k miles) since the valve body was replaced and all the little issues I had in the first two years of ownership are now resolved but I just don't trust that the transmission is not going to fail again (knock on wood).
I swore that I'd never buy Nissan again but I was looking at the new Rogue about a month ago while waiting for my PF at the dealer and I was impressed, so let's see if the new PF changes my mind or not.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
76 Posts
Judging by the new Rough and Armada, most of the updates will be visually and in the much needed interior tech and options.

It would definitely be nice to see a non CVT transmission like in the Frontier, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. So please Nissan prove me wrong:)

From the spy shots we've seen before, no major clearance or overall unibody build change, but we will find out tomorrow!

I am also going to stick with my 2019, no choice really...lol

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nissan needs to step up there technology. Its terrible seeing how still in my 2015 I don't have bluetooth streaming or a touch screen and my 2013 escape had all those features and some. Hopefully the new pathfinder fulfills all of these grievances owners have had with the R52. The vehicle itself is great IMO, it just needs a few perks to make it perfect.
Bluetooth streaming was available in the 2015 model, you just didn't get the right trim level.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bluetooth streaming was available in the 2015 model, you just didn't get the right trim level.
Thats not even an excuse, bluetooth streaming has been standard on most vehicles before 2015 regardless of trim level. Nissan has to step it up big time.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I don't mean to be rude but didn't you know your PF didn't have that option before you bought it?
When it comes to accessories and equipment is totally up to the buyer to purchase the trim level that has the features that are important to them or even buy a different vehicle if that particular brand doesn't have what they are looking for. You don't like it, don't buy it.

I hate to see people buying a lower trim level and then struggle to add features that were available one or two trim levels up. This is why it is so important to do your homework and investigate before buying, test driving a vehicle should also never be skipped.

Nissan offered 5 different trim levels in 2015 (in Canada):
  • S
  • SV
  • SL
  • SL + Tech Package
  • Platinum
The last two offered audio streaming via Bluetooth.
When I bought mine I made a list of features that were a "must have" and then a "nice to have", this played heavily on why I bought a Pathfinder and not a Highlander, the SL+Tech offered everything I wanted and to get that on the Highlander I had to go for the top of the line (Limited), which was about 20%-25% more expensive than the PF.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't mean to be rude but didn't you know your PF didn't have that option before you bought it?
When it comes to accessories and equipment is totally up to the buyer to purchase the trim level that has the features that are important to them or even buy a different vehicle if that particular brand doesn't have what they are looking for. You don't like it, don't buy it.

I hate to see people buying a lower trim level and then struggle to add features that were available one or two trim levels up. This is why it is so important to do your homework and investigate before buying, test driving a vehicle should also never be skipped.

Nissan offered 5 different trim levels in 2015 (in Canada):
  • S
  • SV
  • SL
  • SL + Tech Package
  • Platinum
The last two offered audio streaming via Bluetooth.
When I bought mine I made a list of features that were a "must have" and then a "nice to have", this played heavily on why I bought a Pathfinder and not a Highlander, the SL+Tech offered everything I wanted and to get that on the Highlander I had to go for the top of the line (Limited), which was about 20%-25% more expensive than the PF.
I purchased my pathfinder at auction and bluetooth streaming wasn't a deal breaker for me since it was replacing a 1990 Toyota Corolla DX which didn't even come with a tape player when I purchased it, only AM/FM. I assumed since it was a 2015 and my older vehicles had this feature it would have come standard with such a nice vehicle like the PF (boy was I wrong). But, till this day it isn't a big issue since I resolved this for less than $10.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That pic has been out there for a while, its a rendering they made from the spy pics taken months ago of this vehicle.

If you look closer at the pic you shared, the headlights, bumper and rear doors are different from the one unveiled today. Also, that pic shows wider tires at the back.

You can find pics of the actual vehicle on Nissan's USA website, link shared above. Here is one.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wasn't that impressed but still need to go see it in person. I was expecting a more aggressive look.
From the side it looks a lot like the Explorer. I am still inclined for the Durango but heck, the model I want (R/T) is very expensive (MSRP of CAD$ 68k after options and 13% taxes). A well equipped Explorer ST has an MSRP of CAD$ 73k after taxes, a 2020 Pathfinder SL +Premium + hitch is listed at an MSRP of CAD$ 53 taxes incl (I got mine for $42), so let's also wait and see what is the price point of this new PF, that and what you get weighs a lot in the decision.
Been thinking about replacing the PF for more than a year now and haven't decided yet...

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,614 Posts
Here is a review that provides a few more details. Disappointingly, a lot of things are remaining the same.

Another one...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts