Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only disappointing thing with my 2022 pathfinder so far has been the lift gate issue . It works 10 percent of the time , and this is the second time in two weeks I’ve had to take it into the shop because it won’t latch shut. I’ve done everything that I know how to to fix it and I cannot . I did shipping mode fuse reset , etc etc .. nothing . Wife was just driving it down the road and the gate flew open lool. She took it right into the dealer and pretty much asked them to fix it on the spot. At least get the gate to shut for now, which they did . Tomorrow I’m dropping it off for extended time to see what the real issue is . They’re giving me a loaner, which is pretty cool of em. I’m gonna be patient , I like them
And I like the pathfinder enough to deal with small stuff esp with the expected issues new gens of any manf deals with.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts
Don't know your trim level but our platinum hasn't had a single issue with the liftgate and the touchless open as well as the custom height adjustment are working perfectly.

If I had to guess, it's something with the latching mechanism and it could be just a bad part from the factory. Probably something like the sensor telling the car it's closed and latched when in reality, it isn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had noticed that our tailgate was getting temperamental. Today it will not open at all, and when driving there is a beeping tone (open tailgate). There is no alert appearing on the dash, and the beeping stops once the vehicle is stopped or parked. Any similar experiences or fixes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2022 Pathfinder SV and our Liftgate will not manually open. We don't have power. I'm wondering if it's because of all the road salt from the recent storms. Going to get it washed today. Has anyone else had issues with the non-power liftgate? My thinking is it's either a sensor or the latch has failed. It makes a noise like it's unlocking or locking while we drive and has occasionally given the beeping warning. We're due for an Oil Change so I'll bring it then and update the forum if I hear something from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So…. We made an appointment and took our Pathfinder to the shop. Of course when it’s there it won’t duplicate the problem. No error codes found, button, fob, latch and sensor all work perfect. Only thing they can deter is it could be a cold weather issue, but nothing more particular than that. Of note, we always park in the garage or heated underground. Our Pathfinder is rarely left in the cold, although feeling we are on this issue.

·
Registered
2022 PF Platinum 2WD BD: 8/21
44 Posts
The only disappointing thing with my 2022 pathfinder so far has been the lift gate issue . It works 10 percent of the time , and this is the second time in two weeks I’ve had to take it into the shop because it won’t latch shut. I’ve done everything that I know how to to fix it and I cannot . I did shipping mode fuse reset , etc etc .. nothing . Wife was just driving it down the road and the gate flew open lool. She took it right into the dealer and pretty much asked them to fix it on the spot. At least get the gate to shut for now, which they did . Tomorrow I’m dropping it off for extended time to see what the real issue is . They’re giving me a loaner, which is pretty cool of em. I’m gonna be patient , I like them
And I like the pathfinder enough to deal with small stuff esp with the expected issues new gens of any manf deals with.

We just had the same issue, dealership said it was the battery. We will see! Just got it back and no issues yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had noticed that our tailgate was getting temperamental. Today it will not open at all, and when driving there is a beeping tone (open tailgate). There is no alert appearing on the dash, and the beeping stops once the vehicle is stopped or parked. Any similar experiences or fixes?
Hello! did you solve your problem with the liftgate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2022 Pathfinder SV and our Liftgate will not manually open. We don't have power. I'm wondering if it's because of all the road salt from the recent storms. Going to get it washed today. Has anyone else had issues with the non-power liftgate? My thinking is it's either a sensor or the latch has failed. It makes a noise like it's unlocking or locking while we drive and has occasionally given the beeping warning. We're due for an Oil Change so I'll bring it then and update the forum if I hear something from them.
Hello! did you solve your problem with the liftgate?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased mine at the same time as yourself,,, Ive had 2 instances w no resolve.. (cannot get lift gate to close unless forcing in it down, it seems to occur when Ive had it open for a long period of time, but it doesnt always do it. when I do force close the there is a beeping out side of the vehicle when I try to drive.. It occurred 4 hrs from home, key, button on latch and inside button would not work,, some how it eventually stopped after car sat. Nissan said there is a battery saving shut off which may be affecting when an interior light is on,, so who knows its happened twice, not good. No code errors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts