Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSN Autos did an online review of the 2022 Pathy. What caught my eye were these two slides. Can it be true? NO MORE SAG?

Reactions: ggb

·
Registered
68 Posts
June 9th (today) is the day that the embargo on drive test reviews and pricing was lifted, so you'll see reviews from the likes of Alex on Autos, Raiti's Rides, Redline Reviews, The Fast Lane, and other popular YouTube auto reviewers. Check them out! It appears Nissan has a winner on its hands.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Whether it be 5700 or 4700 lbs. I wouldn't tow any significant distance with that trailer with the Pathy. From that photo I don't see even a driver in the car or screaming kids and gear in there either. Maybe they did beef up the suspension in the back but its not IMO the proper tow vehicle for that trailer.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,533 Posts
that has a load leveling hitch on it.
Sure does. No way you are hanging ~700 lbs of travel-trailer tongue weight on the back of that vehicle w/out one.

Curious if they lifted the 'vehicle not designed for WDH use' clause like the 2013-2021s have.

Reactions: TejasMtnBiker

·
Registered
68 Posts
Whether it be 5700 or 4700 lbs. I wouldn't tow any significant distance with that trailer with the Pathy. From that photo I don't see even a driver in the car or screaming kids and gear in there either. Maybe they did beef up the suspension in the back but its not IMO the proper tow vehicle for that trailer.
Check out the Alex On Autos review where he demonstrates the towing capability with that Airstream trailer. I assure you, he was in the driver's seat. ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Check out the Alex On Autos review where he demonstrates the towing capability with that Airstream trailer. I assure you, he was in the driver's seat. ;)
IMO not everybody's opinion that is the Pathy is NOT capable in the long term to tow that Air Stream IMO. I would get a much more capable tow vehicle, probably a 2500 pick up. I looked through Alex on Autos channel and only found his reviews on the 2022 Pathy but nothing towing the Air Stream...perhaps link the vid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
His "first drive" review is available at
. He starts to discuss towing around the 22:18 mark, and at 22:32 you actually see him pulling the Airstream as he discusses towing. At the end, he mentions that something like the Dodge Durango would be better for towing larger campers or heavier loads, but it's clear that the new Pathfinder is more than capable of towing a 20-foot trailer or a flatbed with some smaller farm or construction equipment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dodge Durango would be better for towing larger campers or heavier loads, but it's clear that the new Pathfinder is more than capable of towing a 20-foot trailer or a flatbed with some smaller farm or construction equipment.
Yes I agree with you on this.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,533 Posts
Not 2022 PF related, but I've driven my in-laws new (leased) 2021 Rogue SV premium a few times. The new Rogues are a similar boxy body style to the 2022 PFs. REALLY nice inside and out. I think it's the best version of the Rogue yet and my in-laws have leased them since their inception in ~2007?

The new Rogues are now DI as opposed to port injection. Normal maintenance looks easy on them. You can see all 4 ignition coils / plugs. Still has a visible charge tube up top (capped dipstick) for the CVT, etc.

Anway, talk about no deals to be had with the supply/demand situation. This Rogue MSRPs for ~$32K. Best I get the lease based off of was ~$29000. My FIL put $6700 down to "keep his payment around 300/mo" LOL. $340/mo for 36Kmo to be exact. I keep telling him he's nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The International Serenity is 4700 lbs so a max hitch weight of 470. Fake news.
Just an FYI that a lot of the Airstream models tend to have heavy tongue weights and the 23CB on their web site show a dry trailer weight of 4761 lbs and the tongue weight is 664lbs so the "almost 700 lbs" stated in the article is pretty accurate. Of all the trailers I have owned in the past 30 years of RVing very few had a 10% tongue weight most were between 12-14% when loaded for a trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts