Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
1. Do I factor in the WD and sway bars weight or is that part of the tongue wt?
2. When packing the TT I try to keep cargo over the axle balanced left to right. Is this a good idea or does it not matter? Frig is in the back so that food weight is in the back.

Thanks so much from “The Dragon’s Nest“ our TT!
Yes, hitch weight gets added to tongue weight.
Yes, it's always a good idea to keep as balanced as possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, first road test complete! Just drove home our new camper with my 2017 Pathfinder! 4814 dry weight
Without changing the previous owners weight distribution heights. Only minor sag. No hesitation what so ever in the gas pedal. I was pleasantly surprised! Transmission shifted normal (in tow mode obviously). The brake controller only needed minor adjustments. But all in all, "happy camper". Lol sorry for that pitiful attempt at humor
That's reassuring to hear! I see so many good deals on 2017-2019 Pathfinders, but I keep coming back to the CVT issue. I don't have a trailer now, but I was thinking about a 3,000-pound trailer for when our desert rocket range/campsite gets really cold. Even without a trailer, being able to pack all my rocket stuff and camping items without having to pack "creatively" in my Toyota Avalon would be a blessing. Just out of curiosity, did any of your towing involve hills or even mountains?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts