Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the whole forum prior to posting this problem, I have never seen such a retarded audio system, it doesn't wanna play songs from my iphone or through an app. It says no songs even though I have tons. Am I doing something wrong! my poor Corolla can stream songs through BT and it never disappoints me. I'm going on a long trip and I badly need this junk audio to work, please help me. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have searched the whole forum prior to posting this problem, I have never seen such a retarded audio system, it doesn't wanna play songs from my iphone or through an app. It says no songs even though I have tons. Am I doing something wrong! my poor Corolla can stream songs through BT and it never disappoints me. I'm going on a long trip and I badly need this junk audio to work, please help me. Thanks
1st take a deep breath and calm down. 2nd what trim level do you have? Are you using Bluetooth or the input in the armrest? These details would help

·
Registered
440 Posts
If it says "no songs" then I'm assuming you have it connected via the USB port. If you don't have the Bose 13 speaker system then you can't stream music over Bluetooth... because apparently nissan is still living in the 20th century.

Assuming you have the phone plugged in, I would try unplugging it, changing to a different input, closing all the apps running on your phone, and then plugging back in. Some background apps will try to take control of the audio and play over the stereo, then I can't play songs through the car's interface until I unplug and plug back in.

If that doesn't work, try a different cable. I tried a non-Apple cable and it didn't work at all, and even my original official Apple cable stopped working when the cord near one of the ends got twisted too sharply. If you don't have another official Apple cable, just buy one from a store like Walmart where you can return it if it doesn't work.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
If that doesn't work, try a different cable. I tried a non-Apple cable and it didn't work at all, and even my original official Apple cable stopped working when the cord near one of the ends got twisted too sharply. If you don't have another official Apple cable, just buy one from a store like Walmart where you can return it if it doesn't work.
Agreed. When I first bought mine, I tried to use the more robust Belkin cable that I had bought and successfully used in my Pilot with its aftermarket USB iPod interface. I had the same kind of issue... it either wouldn't recognize my iPod or it wouldn't play songs. Though I didn't buy an Apple-branded cable, I picked up a different one from Radio Shack that claimed to be "Made for iPhone/iPod" (Apple's blessing for aftermarket accessories) and it worked (and has continued to work) just fine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use an iPod (not iPhone) with no issues.

An easy solution is simply get an adaptor cord from a mini plug to RCA jacks and plug the phone from the headphone out to the aux jack ( just the 2 audio ones, not the video jack) in the armrest. You can leave the USB plugged in to power the phone. on your car radio go to the aux mode.

This will allow you to play music while you figure out the problem syncing directly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure that you have used a suitable input interface. Or you listen to your songs via Bluetooth? Sometimes I have experienced that Apple Music cannot work on my phone. So I cannot play the songs in my car. I have tried to use a converter to get the songs from Apple Music and convert the songs to mp3 format. I kept the songs on my mp3 player. If it is possible to burn a CD and play it in my car, I would be appreciated. After that, in my car, I just have to connect the USB cable or play the CD in the car drive.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,522 Posts
Make sure that you have used a suitable input interface. Or you listen to your songs via Bluetooth? Sometimes I have experienced that Apple Music cannot work on my phone. So I cannot play the songs in my car. I have tried to use a converter to get the songs from Apple Music and convert the songs to mp3 format. I kept the songs on my mp3 player. If it is possible to burn a CD and play it in my car, I would be appreciated. After that, in my car, I just have to connect the USB cable or play the CD in the car drive.
You are replying to a 7 year old thread. None of those members have been active for the past three years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts