Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem? My phone worked with all the other SUVs I test drove so it is not my phone. If you had this problem did you get it fixed some how? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Anyone have this problem? My phone worked with all the other SUVs I test drove so it is not my phone. If you had this problem did you get it fixed some how? Thanks guys.
I have an iPhone 4 - and it worked perfectly up until 6.1.2 came out. Completely seamless - until now. I got in the car yesterday and tried to make a call and the phone just didn't automatically connect. Had to go into the Bluetooth options on the phone and it woke up and connected. I haven't had a chance to try it since - but I'm wondering if it would be worth breaking the pair, and then reestablishing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife's I phone 5 worked . I had to delete both phones and re enter though as she changed from an older I phone to the 5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap my iphone 5 will not work my wife's 4 does. I don't get it i have tried everything y'all suggested and then some and still no good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Known issue with Apple. Call them and they will confirm issue started with 6.1 and they are working on a fix but no estimated time for repair.

·
Registered
234 Posts
iPhone 5 works fine

It's simply not true to say it's Apple's problem. I have two iPhone 5s that both pair perfectly with the system. As usual, make sure your iOS is up to date before you start trouble-shooting anything though.

Once paired, you WILL notice some issues though. But this is a problem with the bluetooth implementation in the Pathfinder, not the iPhone. The Pathfinder is using an older bluetooth stack as well as improperly implementing certain features. Nissan will have to fix this with a firmware upgrade to the system - and we all know how good car manufacturers are about hardware/software updates.

Some things you will notice. When the phone is paired, none of your alert tones (calender reminder, text ping, etc) will sound on the phone or the car UNLESS you are in the Bluetooth Audio mode. So, this is very frustrating. YOu are in your car, the phone is paired so you can receive calls and because you are listening to the radio (not the bluetooth audio stream) you miss out on all the alerts your phone is throwing off - can't tell you how many texts, conference call reminders, etc, that I have missed because of this. This is an implementation flaw on Nissan's part. They need to carry these tones through to whatever audio source you are listening to. The call ring tone can come in, so these alerts should as well.

You should also make sure you ACCEPT a new call by pushing the button on your display, not your phone. Accepting on the phone, despite the phone saying "audio source-Car" will often throw the call into purgatory with neither working.

Anyway, it's not perfect but it certainly works. Nissan has to fix the issues though and hopefully they will do this quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts