1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to see how quickly the NHTSA picks up on this sort of thing </sarcasm>.

This had been identified early on in the production run, and I don't believe we've seen any instances of it recently...

http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...n/384-loose-cvt-hose-leading-cvt-failure.html
I'd heard about this too now that you reminded me. Thanks for linking that post. I read the article quickly and saw that it described loss of power from the transmission and my mind quickly jumped to the shudder which essentially acted like a loss of power when it happened.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I'd heard about this too now that you reminded me. Thanks for linking that post. I read the article quickly and saw that it described loss of power from the transmission and my mind quickly jumped to the shudder which essentially acted like a loss of power when it happened.
At this rate, maybe the NHTSA will have an investigation opened into the shudder by 2014 ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good to see NHTSA is getting involved. It's time to get this issue resolved & for Nissan to go to a conventional 8 speed auto or better.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to see NHTSA is getting involved. It's time to get this issue resolved & for Nissan to go to a conventional 8 speed auto or better.
It's time for Nissan to be honest, go public with this issue and seriously develop a solution. I can't believe that their CVT development team can't determine a fix...they made the da*n transmission. :mad:
Nissan is slowly ruining the reputation of their beautiful 2013-2014 Pathfinder.
I recently read that Pathfinder sales are up over 200% from last year.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of the 200% are experiencing CVT issues.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I think that would be a mistake. Even an 8-speed auto isn't going to be as efficient as a CVT. They just need to get the bugs worked out (actually, I take that back.... they should have gotten the bugs worked out before this thing even went to market).

No one has more experience with CVTs than Nissan... I have no doubt that this will be rock solid eventually, they just need to be more forthcoming with buying back extremely problematic vehicles. Get those vehicles into the shop and do a root cause analysis, because frankly, I think they're trying to pin all of these issues on one source, but they actually might be disparate problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts