Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is a little over my head but one thing I read "Look for the JF017E in Nissan Pathfinder 2013-18" confused me as I thought the 2016+ or maybe 2017+ had a different tranny and they thought they fixed some of the other issues from the earlier CVTs. Guess I'm glad I bought the 10 year 120K mile warranty.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second line also said "The Jatco identifier is JF017E; Nissan calls it the RE0F010E, RE0F010H, and RE0F010J." so maybe there have been 3 revisions ?

Also interesting is this line
"There’s one more valve in the pump called the flow control valve that sometimes has problems with wear and sticking. Always inspect the flow control valve on any Jatco CVT you pull apart." There are after market valves so maybe this has been corrected on some of the newer years.. hopefully future editions might shed some more light on the issues with this CVT

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another article in the July edition on how to DIY a dipstick to check CVT fluid level in the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit more detail again on the JF017E Jatco CVT, this time on how to remove and refit the chain, not something i think most off us would do, but anyway have a read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts