Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that when I backup out of the driveway and on to the road (slight hill) I find that sometimes I roll backwards after shifting into "D," and other times I am at a stand still after releasing the brake pedal. Has anyone else had his happen? Not sure if at different times the lean or angle of the truck is different which would activate or not the hill assist. Or is this part of the CVT transmission issue that people have been discussing? I think I have felt a slight "judder" a couple times when accelerating. But nothing like what others have experienced.

Thought I would ask the forum before calling the service department. PF has about 200 miles so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A firm press on the brake seems to activate mine. If I'm just sitting on a hill, without much brake pressure, it will roll back if I release the brake.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed that issue too. My driveway has an incline. Sometimes if I stop half way and want to go up further the car rolls back. I am afraid that if there was another vehicle behind mine I could actually have a fender bender. I will try firm break press solution to see if it fixes that.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The hill assist features on most cars aren't perfect. Sometimes they confuse me by working and not working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did some testing today. Of course for the most part it worked no matter what. I did notice that it is a temporary assist. Basically enough time to get your foot from brake to gas. If you don't get your foot on the gas it will release and you will start rolling back.

One thing I did notice is that if you get on the gas slowly it feels like it takes a few seconds to kick in and start moving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
From the book

The hill start assist system automatically keeps the brakes applied to help prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards in the time it takes the driver to release the brake pedal and apply the accelerator when the vehicle is stopped on a hill.
Hill start assist will operate automatically under the following conditions:
● The shift selector is shifted to a forward or reverse gear.
● The vehicle is stopped completely on a hill by applying the brake.
The maximum holding time is 2 seconds. After 2 seconds the vehicle will begin to roll back and hill start assist will stop operating completely.
Hill start assist will not operate when the shift selector is shifted to N or P or on a flat and level road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts