Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All interior light was replaced with exception to the rear cargo area. I replaced the factory wedge lights for 24 SMD LED White Super Bright on ebay 10x for 9 buck.

I just pop out the covers with a flat-head screwdriver, which are the same with most of the covers to access the bulbs. The bulbs just pull off from the housing and the LED bulbs inserted until it light up, you may have to flip the bulbs if it don't light up.

24 SMD bulbs light up

Bottom Door courtesy lights

Factory light was less bright and yellowish color

Rear passenger lights

Night shot rear passenger lights (It brighter in person, then with my phone camera)

Front passenger foot well light (This one had no cover just a twist to remove the bulb housing with a cable attached to it.

Front driver foot well lights

Glove box ( I just pull away the wedge bulbs with this one)

License Plate (sorry about the black out, I will get some real cover and re-shoot it)

·
Registered
44 Posts
All interior light was replaced with exception to the rear cargo area. I replaced the factory wedge lights for 24 SMD LED White Super Bright on ebay 10x for 9 buck.

I just pop out the covers with a flat-head screwdriver, which are the same with most of the covers to access the bulbs. The bulbs just pull off from the housing and the LED bulbs inserted until it light up, you may have to flip the bulbs if it don't light up.

24 SMD bulbs light up

Bottom Door courtesy lights

Factory light was less bright and yellowish color

Rear passenger lights

Night shot rear passenger lights (It brighter in person, then with my phone camera)

Front passenger foot well light (This one had no cover just a twist to remove the bulb housing with a cable attached to it.

Front driver foot well lights

Glove box ( I just pull away the wedge bulbs with this one)

License Plate (sorry about the black out, I will get some real cover and re-shoot it)

Can you put a link to the items on eBay?

They look awesome!!!!!

Reactions: 1stpath

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Looking good! Most of the time the LEDs show up more blue than they really are on camera phones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also did the same thing, but only used 5 SMD leds. Maybe it's because I have the almond interior instead of a dark color, but I found them to be too bright and too blue (the leds were 6000 K temperature, which I think is pretty standard). This was especially true of the license plate lights, since I have the arctic blue pf, and a slightly blue light reflected off a blue surface just looks very blue (I was actually worried about getting pulled over for having blue lights).

Since then, I've swapped them all out with Philips 4K Xtreme Vision bulbs. They cost quite a bit more (and are hard to come by), but I think it ended up looking a lot better. The lights are still white, but are a much closer match in color temperature to the led map lights that come with the pf. For the license plate lights, I used the Osram LEDriving 4K lights instead. They are the same color temperature as the Philips, but not as bright (I didn't want to blind anyone driving behind me at night). Word of caution to anyone considering the Osram bulbs for the plate lights -- you will need to modify the bulb sockets. While the bulbs fit fine, they have a metal housing that will cause a short and blow your fuse otherwise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forgot to mention that the Philips LED's do dim part of the way before turning off. The original cheap 5 SMD LEDs I used did not dim at all. Also, like back4onepf said, it's the same bulb type for all the lights (any T10 or W5W bulb will do), with the exception of the hatch light on the third row seats. That light uses a 30mm festoon-type bulb. When opening the cover for that light, make sure you are only prying off the light cover and not the entire light housing from the ceiling of the car. If you take the housing off by accident (like I did), it is a real PITA to get it back on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Forgot to mention that the Philips LED's do dim part of the way before turning off. The original cheap 5 SMD LEDs I used did not dim at all. Also, like back4onepf said, it's the same bulb type for all the lights (any T10 or W5W bulb will do), with the exception of the hatch light on the third row seats. That light uses a 30mm festoon-type bulb. When opening the cover for that light, make sure you are only prying off the light cover and not the entire light housing from the ceiling of the car. If you take the housing off by accident (like I did), it is a real PITA to get it back on.
I also ordered a 2013 LED kit from iJDMToy and received all plug-in SMD LED's, but the rear cargo light uses a festoon type bulb. I contacted them and they sent me a festoon type bulb, but it was too big and did not fit. It was apparent that they really had no idea what goes in there, and just sent me something to shut me up. So I found the right bulb at PUTCO. Nice and bright.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I also ordered a 2013 LED kit from iJDMToy and received all plug-in SMD LED's, but the rear cargo light uses a festoon type bulb. I contacted them and they sent me a festoon type bulb, but it was too big and did not fit. It was apparent that they really had no idea what goes in there, and just sent me something to shut me up. So I found the right bulb at PUTCO. Nice and bright.
that is usually the case with iJDMtoy

which is why I just buy the bulbs on ebay. i measure the inside of the housing and buy a panel that matches or is smaller than that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
could you sent me to the link of the rear cargo light? thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
10 Ultra Blue 9 LED 7440 7441 7443 7444 T20 LED Car Indicator Light Bulbs | eBay

Want to swap out lights in my 2014 Pathfinder. Are these the right bulbs?
David the one you looking at seem to be for exterior lights by the model number( 7xxx) it a lot larger interior bulbs, plus you what more smd per bulbs and have them spread to the side to be brightier. Typical interior bulbs model is 158 and 194. Here a bulbs spec list below, I converted the factory manual from pdf to text. Hope this help you?

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY
HIGH - 60WATT HB3
LOW - H11 55WATT
PARK - W5W 5 WATT
TURN - WY21W 21WATT
SIDEMARKER - WY5W 5 WATTS

FRONT FOG LIGHTS - H11 55WATT
DRL (CANADA) - PS19W 19WATT
MAP LIGHT
FOOTWELL LIGHT - 158 3.4WATT
PERSONAL LIGHTS - P1Y 8 WATT
GLOVE BOX LIGHT - 158 8 WATT