Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 SL deep ocean blue pearl
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still digging through all the features on my 23SL, and was curious about how the intelligent climate control system actually works when car is remotely started. The owners manual states if the temp outside gets very cold, and you remote start the vehicle, that the system will automatically turn on the heater/defroster/and heated seats and steering wheel. Since the weather here in Pa has been not very cold, I have not had a chance to try it out. Has anybody used the remote start in really cold weather and do all these systems kick in by themselves. ?? This is the first vehicle that I owned to have this feature. My salesman only went over the basic stuff with me when I picked up the vehicle. I think I will stop in over at the dealership and hit them up with some questions on all the vehicle system functions and features .

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
337 Posts
I hear you, @roscoe52. Good luck at the dealership. My experience is the salesman (and salesmen), knew next-to-nothing about my '22SL.
Looking forward to your next update and any information you find...
I've learned more about the car in our community here than anyone who is connected to Nissan!! They seem to know very little!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hear you, @roscoe52. Good luck at the dealership. My experience is the salesman (and salesmen), knew next-to-nothing about my '22SL.
I've learned more about the car in our community here than anyone who is connected to Nissan!! They seem to know very little!
You would probably do better talking to the service manager. My experience with a salesman knowing much about the 22 SL was not good. I felt like I knew more based on my research on the web.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they do not have to much knowledge on some of the features. I like all the features as long as they work properly. I will post a update on the intelligent climate control when I find out.

·
Registered
2022 R53 SL 2WD
69 Posts
Still digging through all the features on my 23SL, and was curious about how the intelligent climate control system actually works when car is remotely started. The owners manual states if the temp outside gets very cold, and you remote start the vehicle, that the system will automatically turn on the heater/defroster/and heated seats and steering wheel. Since the weather here in Pa has been not very cold, I have not had a chance to try it out. Has anybody used the remote start in really cold weather and do all these systems kick in by themselves. ?? This is the first vehicle that I owned to have this feature. My salesman only went over the basic stuff with me when I picked up the vehicle. I think I will stop in over at the dealership and hit them up with some questions on all the vehicle system functions and features .
My experience with Nissan ICC is legit, in summer when you set the remote start the a/c will blow full blast and cool the car before you get in, in winter depending on the outside temperature the heater will turn on and if it’s cold so will the heated Mirrors and steering wheel. Once you get in and push the ignition the icc will default to your previous settings, but usually it adapts to the weather, it can also turn on the front and rear windows defrosters to “melt” the ice when It detects ice, but I love it when I used it in the past.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input on this. My previous vehicle had a smart phone control where you would set the heat/ac when you did a remote start.This sounds really nice if it works like you said. I like that it turns on the seat heaters too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input on this. My previous vehicle had a smart phone control where you would set the heat/ac when you did a remote start.This sounds really nice if it works like you said. I like that it turns on the seat heaters too.
Waiting for a nice cold late fall day to try this Intelligent climate control out!

·
Registered
2022 AWD SL Build Date Feb 2022
79 Posts
A little bug I discovered, it's happened more than once, outside temp was 28*, Remote start car, go to car and hear the cooling fans running and the A/C compressor is on, get in car, push start button drive away, cooling fans and A/C will not turn off, the indicator light for A/C is off, turn car off, restart car, cooling fans are on and A/C compressor is engaged. The way to get it all to revert back to normal operation is the push the A/C button twice and fans turns off along with compressor, I discovered this but just pushing buttons and got lucky. I have had to do this several times already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts