Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the Aukey dual dash cam and the front was simple to install and hide the wires, but how should I run the wire from the rear to the front? I don't think I can pull off the pilar panels to hide the wire because it says "SRS Airbag" on them.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you will find the 12v cigarette lighter port at the left back side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, but it has to connect to the front dashcam to record (also gets its power from the same cable)

In front you have one and one in back otherwise you buy lighter
hub like this I also bought this from aliexpress

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what? Yes, I have one in the back, but my dash cam is a dual one where the rear one connects to the front. The front one has the memory card and supplies the power..

It's not a separate dash cam in the rear (no memory card, no power cord), just a cable to connect to the main front cam.

·
Registered
89 Posts
what? Yes, I have one in the back, but my dash cam is a dual one where the rear one connects to the front. The front one has the memory card and supplies the power..

It's not a separate dash cam in the rear (no memory card, no power cord), just a cable to connect to the main front cam.

Buy this extension and plug it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... it comes with a 15 foot cord to reach the front.

my question was how to run it to the front... if anyone here has done it before, did you go through the roof or floor?

·
Registered
89 Posts

my question was how to run it to the front... if anyone here has done it before, did you go through the roof or floor?

Well I didn't install back dashcam but in my opinion the floor will be best option because you have long cable.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts

Following your post as I have one to install. I was thinking going under the headliner but haven't really looked into it.
I wonder if you can fish the cable by removing the different roof lights and handles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Following your post as I have one to install. I was thinking going under the headliner but haven't really looked into it.
I wonder if you can fish the cable by removing the different roof lights and handles.
I installed it over the weekend... I went down the passenger A-pillar, along the floor under the door sill, then up by the 3rd row (wire hanging out, but nobody sits back there), and then in the C-pillar plastic up top, then in the rear pillar thing, and then onto the upper rear window.

Very messy install, but I'll tidy it up over time. I couldn't seem to put the wire under the B and C pilar plastic on the floor, there's no wiggle room to shove the cable under it.

Same with the headliner, I couldn't even force the wire in there. It was fine at the windshield, but nowhere else :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
You actually don't' have to remove the pillars. Separate the door seal from the door and you can tuck it very cleanly under the ceiling panel, when you get to a pillar, just tuck it in far enough that it gets past the ceiling panel and then remove slack when you get to the other side of the panel. This method worked awesome on mine.

Now running it through the wire manager on the lift gate is a whole other can of worms, but it takes about 15 minutes if you have a plastic coated cable and some grease.... (super tight fit)
makes for a super clean install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts