Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Has anyone tried installing a chromcase with google mini in your pathys that have the rear entertainment system.
just thinking that it would be cool to go like "get google, show me photos of our trip to florida" or "hey google, play baby shark videos on you tube" and then the videos would play on the read dvd consoles.

thanks.

Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
It is possible, you will need to create a WIFI hot spot (I recommend using a device other than the phone you will be using the commands from, however it should work eitherway), have a good data plan as this will add up quickly 馃榾

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It is possible, you will need to create a WIFI hot spot (I recommend using a device other than the phone you will be using the commands from, however it should work eitherway), have a good data plan as this will add up quickly 馃榾

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck!
thanks. yes, I ended up using 1 phone as a hotspot and another one to configure. Need to ensure that they are in the same address and also the same "room"(in my case I called it Pathy.)quite a few wires that I need to hide.

so far it ok, it's just that it takes a while for the video to come on the screen when I speak to google mini. not sure if it's because of the HDMI version in the car or something else. but takes about 10 seconds and also suddenly disconnects from time to time as well.

however, casting something like Netflix directly from the phone to the Chromecast works great.

thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts