Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I was looking to upgrade stock screen on my Nissan Pathfinder 2015 SV Model ( Canadian), currenct screen is not touch and have no GPS and no BOSE amplifies etc.

I would like to have some recommendation on what experts suggest for the following

1- Which Tesla Style 10.4 is best , PX6 , PX8 ?
2- 7inch Andriod system that retains all functions of car, which unit is best and fits this car ?
3 - Plug an play harness factory fit for After market Android base install ?
4 - custom install instruction anyone can guide or help with wiring etc?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,367 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As a newbie, we request that you please do a forum search for your questions, as some have already been asked and answered. I suggest you enter "Android" in the Search Community box above. If you still have unanswered questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two reason to post this,

1.I did search and found information not relevant or its they are not recent.

2. I am hoping some advice on my specific requirement .

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I do not know of anyone having good luck with those Tesla style screens. The ones that went for it lost some functions.
This plug n play kit was recently shared by a member. Not sure if it would work with your PF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for reply , shared link i did check its too expensive, not sure why someone will price it that way unless demand is soo high...

I like to explore cost effective way of getting things to work.

In fact Tesla model 10.4 inch many different types being sold under same name and hence price ranges from 350USD to 500USD with different specs

one has to ask and make sure he gets all requirement satisfied like Headrest support, 1920x1080 resolution, car play included , octa core , andriod latest 10 etc

I

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you been able to find out anymore information on this? I know they make PX8 units, but I haven't seen any for the Pathfinder, only the PX6. If you found a company that has a PX8, let me know where you found it. Yes, the people who have tried these often loose functionality, but with custom firmware you can often get the functionality back. There are some good FB groups for these types of head units, and some of the guys there can help you out. I would expect that you will have to play around and most likely fight with this to get it to work, right, but the results in the end could be awesome. Let us know if you decide to give it a shot, and document your findings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have ordered one px6 , what i know so far, px8 doesn’t support headrest and when i requested it, seller said then it has to be px6 and below unit support HDMI, now waiting for .
it arrive in a week, will test and see. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to share, this system is full of surprises.
Firstly came with no instructions, when attempted to install with harness it came along, after ignition on by push start. Car cluster shows 4WD error and Push button no longer works until i unplug the tesla system.

So then seller mentions few of the harness port are not required and try other. Based on there recomendation i attached the system but this time no power to the Andriod tesla system.

Finally, it was suppose to be 4 connector and not 3. After hook up Engine check light is on , most of the functions dont work like AC control as per seller are for display,lol.

Next, OEM reverse camera is not supported only AV based cam are .. really !

and yeah for got to mention Sounds doesnt work.

i gave up and disconnected the system, yet to try steering control, OEM USB ....

Hope others can share there experience, if any

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue for my 2018 SV. In my case, sound will work but required a hardness that will put the sound to AUX, however the stock OEM Screen has to connect in other to get the sound to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts