Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Pathfinder 2017 SV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I saw in this post ( small radiator in front of front tire???) someone ask a question if a fan on the transmission cooler can help for towing a travel travel around 4000 pounds dry, but no answer. I have the same question since a few months. What do you think? When we running on a highway, not sure if the air flow is good enough and for sure in the trafic with stop and go, during summer, the cooling I think is not enough.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
Hi, I saw in this post ( small radiator in front of front tire???) someone ask a question if a fan on the transmission cooler can help for towing a travel travel around 4000 pounds dry, but no answer. I have the same question since a few months. What do you think? When we running on a highway, not sure if the air flow is good enough and for sure in the trafic with stop and go, during summer, the cooling I think is not enough.

Thank you.
We haven't heard too much about Pathys overheating because of pulling a trailer. The main radiator fans have been a problem, but not the tranny cooler. I wouldn't worry about it. People are pulling heavier trailers than yours with no issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Buy a Bluetooth OBDII reader, get the CVT50 app and monitor your cvt temperature before doing any mods that you might not need.
My 2 cents.
jman:
I've been looking for a OBD app to read the temps of the cvt tranny on PF (Was doing that with previous Sienna no problem).
how does CVTz50 go for you? (it's $5, so figured I would ask first...)

·
Registered
33 Posts
We haven't heard too much about Pathys overheating because of pulling a trailer. The main radiator fans have been a problem, but not the tranny cooler. I wouldn't worry about it. People are pulling heavier trailers than yours with no issues.
Agree with Jay: looks like a non-issue. BUT : don't pretend you're driving a F350 in the really hard and long uphill in any of beautiful North America's big hills at full throttle (can think of BC and Utah...): that would/might give you great amount of grief...

·
Registered
Pathfinder 2017 SV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jman:
I've been looking for a OBD app to read the temps of the cvt tranny on PF (Was doing that with previous Sienna no problem).
Just bought the OBD2 and the app. Made a quick test and worked well. Will see with the trailer this summer.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
jman:
I am able to read the transmission temperature which is what I wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts