Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on a long roadtrip last week. Used Apple Carplay for navi and music. Three times the whole system chose to reboot on its own. Anyone else have this happen? Does this system have adequate computing power? (silly question)

I'm still under warranty so wondering if anything can be done.

· Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL Build date July 2021
54 Posts
Was on a long roadtrip last week. Used Apple Carplay for navi and music. Three times the whole system chose to reboot on its own. Anyone else have this happen? Does this system have adequate computing power? (silly question)

I'm still under warranty so wondering if anything can be done.
I have a 2022 Pathfinder and the head unit has occasionally reset it self. There’s been a recent over the air software update available. You might want to check the menus to see if your unit is up to date.

Even with that installed, mine still manages a reboot from time to time.

· Registered
40 Posts
It seems the infotainment system gets confused easily. The other day I had two weird things happen. First it decided to reboot itself while I was driving. I was using Android Auto to play music and the Nissan map with a destination programmed. When it came back up, I thought it had lost my destination but after pressing a few buttons the route came back. No idea what that was about.

Then later after stopping for gas, when the system rebooted the sound was very low. Adjusting the volume dial did nothing. Again I was using Android Auto to play music and using Nissan maps. Pressed a few buttons to switch to Sirius and FM and then back to android Auto. Volume was still too low to hear. Finally pulled over, turned off car, then restarted. This forced the system to reboot. Everything was fine after that. Again WTH caused that?

The only thing I can figure is Nissan maps with destination programmed and Android Auto don’t play well together.

· Registered
157 Posts
This recall mentions head unit reboot:

Recall date
2022-07-20

Recall no.
22V527000

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Rogue, 2022 Frontier, Pathfinder, and Titan rental vehicles. When the Sirius XM subscription is set to "Not Subscribed," it may cause the infotainment head unit to reboot, resulting in an inoperative rearview camera. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, "Rear Visibility."

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2022 Pathfinder and it does it rarely. Also, on a very few occasions, the touchpad freezes, but infotainment buttons still work. The infotainment resets itself when I turn the engine off. I had a 2017 Honda HRV which did it more often. I see this happen on almost all electronic devices nowadays where a system reset is necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts