Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to reset the displayed average fuel economy in the Driver's Information Display for a 2013 Premium PF with NAV?

I found how to reset it on the main display, but that doesn't seem to affect the Driver's display...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is it possible to reset the displayed average fuel economy in the Driver's Information Display for a 2013 Premium PF with NAV?

I found how to reset it on the main display, but that doesn't seem to affect the Driver's display...
First I'd highly recommend reading the manual....but if that isn't your style. The button you push that flips it through each slide, you will hold that down on the slide that has time driven, miles driven, and avg mpg and it will reset it all. If you want to just reset the mpg screen go to that screen and hold the button and it will maintain all the info on the other screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try your suggestion.

Would you kindly direct me to the page in the manual that describes this reset operation? I did flip thru the manual and couldn't find anything that seemed relevant. I also searched an online version of the manual for words like "reset" and "fuel economy" and couldn't find anything useful that way either.

I admit I may not be very good at manuals...

·
Registered
215 Posts

Would you kindly direct me to the page in the manual that describes this reset operation? I did flip thru the manual and couldn't find anything that seemed relevant. I also searched an online version of the manual for words like "reset" and "fuel economy" and couldn't find anything useful that way either.

2-18 to 2-26

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

As per your suggestion, I pressed and held the button that looks like it has file folders on it when the trip computer was being displayed, and that indeed reset the mileage, etc.

I searched all over pages 2-18 and beyond in the manual for any information regarding resetting the display, and I could find nothing.

No big deal since thanks to you I now know how to do it, but I still can't find this information in the manual. My PDF version of the 2013 PF manual seems to be exactly the same as my hard copy, and I have had no luck finding the information in either.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have had my PF a couple weeks. So I am still learning about it. I have to say I find the manual to one of the worst I have ever seen. I have looked for so many things in there that I have not been able to find. I usually end up having to google it. Which is not much help when you are driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...I have to say I find the manual to one of the worst I have ever seen...
Amen.

The first response I got to my OP was to RTFM, which I had mostly done, but found it to be NFG. :D

I guess forums like these are among the best resources to discover the hidden secrets of the car, which I love, BTW...(the car, not the secrets)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have had my PF a couple weeks. So I am still learning about it. I have to say I find the manual to one of the worst I have ever seen. I have looked for so many things in there that I have not been able to find. I usually end up having to google it. Which is not much help when you are driving.
Have you tried using the index in the manual? How many cars have you owned because some of the late model fords and Chevys in the 90s were like reading a children's book.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PowerDDanger said:
Have you tried using the index in the manual?
Yes, I've tried the index. And I was unable to find anything there concerning the subject of this thread. I couldn't find the answer by flipping thru the manual, or by searching a machine readable version of it.

I do appreciate your response telling me how to reset the display. After that, I scoured the manual looking for something that would have given me that answer, and I couldn't find anything on the subject. That's not to say the documentation doesn't exist, but if it does, it's well hidden, at least from my eyes.

Makes me wonder what other secret incantations exist but are not documented in the manual(s).

In general, I find the PF manual to be only marginally helpful overall, but YMMV.

How many cars have you owned because some of the late model fords and Chevys in the 90s were like reading a children's book.
I have owned quite a few cars over my driving lifetime. Thinking back, I can't recall any of their manuals that stood out as being particularly good, except for the manuals on the 2000 and 2007 Corvette's I've owned. Those seemed very complete and informative. The others, not so much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried using the index in the manual? How many cars have you owned because some of the late model fords and Chevys in the 90s were like reading a children's book.
Funny you would mention that. The index is one of the worst parts of the manual! A couple things I was looking for were not in the index. I eventually found some information by going to the picture of the display I didn't understand and digging from there. Recently when putting PF in reverse, I noticed VID said "sonar off". Didn't know what this meant and how to turn it on. (I thought display was saying it was off. Scoured manual index and page by page. Never found it until I googled it online. Turns out sonar is on and this display was asking if I wanted to turn it off. (Also not very intuitive of a display I might add)

I have owned lots of other cars but never one with this many bells and whistles. So the manual is even more important to me. I have seen much better!

·
Registered
6 Posts
First I'd highly recommend reading the manual....but if that isn't your style. The button you push that flips it through each slide, you will hold that down on the slide that has time driven, miles driven, and avg mpg and it will reset it all. If you want to just reset the mpg screen go to that screen and hold the button and it will maintain all the info on the other screen.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a paper manual in front of me as well as the PDF version and no where does it say how to reset the screen (yes, I read manuals). For consolation - 3 techs at Universal Nissan in Los Angeles were NOT able to reset the screen either and wanted me to set up an appointment with their engineer :confused:. I will try your suggestions as soon as I get back to my car after work today and see if it works. I've wanted to reset the info for weeks now (since the dealer did it for me 6 weeks ago).

·
Registered
70 Posts
resetting trip/average MPG displays

On the driver's display, go to the "trip computer page" that gives four pieces of info: miles driven, average speed, mpg, and total miles. With that page showing, press and hold the top or page button ("turns" the page to the next) on the left side of the steering wheel until all info is showing "---" in the place of numbers. You are now reset.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You guys are not crazy... it is nowhere to be found in the Owners Manual. It is however on page 18 of the Pathfinder Quick Reference Guide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fascinating. There is information in a "Quick Reference Guide" which is nowhere to be found in the (presumably) complete manual.

That's really user friendly...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts