Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't the JX have the same transmission as the pathfinder? Haven't heard much on the JX having judder problems with the transmission. Why do you think that is? :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
It doesn't have the same CVT. The first thing that gives that away is the JX's 3500 lb tow rating as opposed to the PF's 5000 lb rating.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually it does have the CVT. Just a different model. The Pathfinder uses a chain while the JX uses a belt. Also the loading on the chain/belt is different - pull on the Pathfinder, push in JX.

The hybrid is going to have a different CVT - actually the transmission will have the electric motor built-in, and no torque converter, so it will not have same issues (although it might have its own set of issues). The hybrid CVT will be same between Pathfinder and JX.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If Nissan ever offered to change out my Pathfinder transmission for one from the JX35, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I would gladly trade off the towing capacity for piece of mind from the shuddering.

Reactions: csw

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If Nissan ever offered to change out my Pathfinder transmission for one from the JX35, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I would gladly trade off the towing capacity for piece of mind from the shuddering.
at least the JX35's and 2014 QX60's shouldn't be affected by this.
they might as well make it easy on themselves and just use that same JX35 transmission

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
towing vs no shudder.

The JX does have other features that make it attractive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts