Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder a little while ago and I love this vehicle. There is one problem though, and that is the power. My main reason for wanting to increase power is for merging onto the highway, especially since the local on-ramp is on a hill.
Anybody know some good ways to increase power?
Will porting and polishing exhaust and intake do me any good?
This system has 2 cats. Will installing an aftermarket high flow cat relieve some back pressure?
Any thoughts are useful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello
Recently bought a 1995 Pathfinder 3.0l V6
The power is underwhelming, especially at high speeds. I'd like to increase this for the main reason of merging on the freeway, especially since the local on-ramp is on a hill.
What can I do for power?
Would porting and polishing the exhaust and intake help at all?
The system has 2 cats. Would installing a high flow cat help relive some back pressure?
Any thoughts would be useful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder a little while ago and I love this vehicle. There is one problem though, and that is the power. My main reason for wanting to increase power is for merging onto the highway, especially since the local on-ramp is on a hill.
Anybody know some good ways to increase power?
Will porting and polishing exhaust and intake do me any good?
This system has 2 cats. Will installing an aftermarket high flow cat relieve some back pressure?
Any thoughts are useful
I have an ‘01 and ‘02 PF and I’ve learnt that rule of thumb is the more fuel a an engine uses the longer the engine life. Mine are sluggish uphill but drop back gear-wise nicely on flat road. Your ‘95 may not be computer managed but I’ve wondered wether mine might handle a ‘chip’ change, if there’s one out there. Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts