Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I took my Pthfinder in about a month ago to get the TC tsb don and when i got it back i noticed that there was a whine when ever i turn the wheel. its the same whine from the old style Ford Tarus. It happens all the time. The problem is that i am almost positive that it was not like this before i did the TSB. so with that being said, do any of you have a whine when you turn the steering wheel???

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've never experienced a whining noise, however I've had the torque converter replacement and the CVT replacement and after each repair I had a popping noise in the steering column and in what sounded like the brake calipers. Whenever the techs replace something related to the transmission in the PF they have to take apart pretty much all that stuff under there to get to the transmission and my experience each time has been that they don't seem to get it all reconnected properly. Just take it back to the dealer, it's likely nothing that some quick tightening or re-aligning wont cure.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Have you tried calling back the dealership and speaking to your service adviser or anyone at the dealership about this? Or even going in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried calling back the dealership and speaking to your service adviser or anyone at the dealership about this? Or even going in?
Yup. they claimed that they looked into it but that it was normal because of the electronic power steering. my issue is that I'm not too sure if it was there before I had the TC TSB done or not...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup. they claimed that they looked into it but that it was normal because of the electronic power steering. my issue is that I'm not too sure if it was there before I had the TC TSB done or not...

Same here i took mine in and they said the same thing , but i cant remember any noise before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey everyone. I took my Pthfinder in about a month ago to get the TC tsb don and when i got it back i noticed that there was a whine when ever i turn the wheel. its the same whine from the old style Ford Tarus. It happens all the time. The problem is that i am almost positive that it was not like this before i did the TSB. so with that being said, do any of you have a whine when you turn the steering wheel???

I too complained of the same thing. they first said was normal. then took back again b/c became increasing noiser, then they did a tsb that refers to the Altima in which is a rubber pad around the pump assembly with an insulator / deadener inside that. the s/m also said they installed sound dampening in the right inner fender well ( had to remove inner fender ). I had a copy of the tsb b/c I argued long enough before he finally printed out. but look up for the Altima and you should be able to find. if I recall right they also replaced the bracket and some rubber insulators.. hope this helps. maybe someone can find the tsb, as I cannot remember the website to look...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is this the one? Found this on nissan-techinfo.com:

Subject: SB 2013 Altima; Noise From the Hydraulic Electric Power Steering (H-EPS)
Summary of NTB13017:
IF YOU CONFIRM: The customer is experiencing a noise coming from the passenger side engine compartment and The source of the noise is confirmed to be the Hydraulic Electric Power Steering (H-EPS) and The noise is louder than the normal operational noise of the H-EPS. Notes: - Some operational noise from the front of the vehicle generated by the H-EPS is normal when the steering wheel is operated. - Comparing the incident vehicle to a "known good vehicle" will help determine if the H-EPS noise is louder than normal. ACTION: Refer to the Repair Flow Chart on page 2. See this bulletin for further detail.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think the noise is normal. i popped the hood of a demo pathfinder on the lot and heard that noise. now i bought one with 0kms on it and it also has that noise (front passenger side area).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Am I the only one who came in here expecting an entirely different kind of thread.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So far it seems like that whine sound is normal. If you can take a video of it for us to hear it and how loud it can get that would be helpful but so far it seems to be a normal thing

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is this the one? Found this on nissan-techinfo.com:

Subject: SB 2013 Altima; Noise From the Hydraulic Electric Power Steering (H-EPS)
Summary of NTB13017:
IF YOU CONFIRM: The customer is experiencing a noise coming from the passenger side engine compartment and The source of the noise is confirmed to be the Hydraulic Electric Power Steering (H-EPS) and The noise is louder than the normal operational noise of the H-EPS. Notes: - Some operational noise from the front of the vehicle generated by the H-EPS is normal when the steering wheel is operated. - Comparing the incident vehicle to a "known good vehicle" will help determine if the H-EPS noise is louder than normal. ACTION: Refer to the Repair Flow Chart on page 2. See this bulletin for further detail.
Sorry for the delayed reply.. But yes that is the one.. my local service manager said they have applied the Altima tsb to numerous pf's.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts