Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine came with them from the dealer. I don't even notice them. The only reason I bought mine with them in it is because it was the only one on the lot that had everything I wanted.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anybody get these added at the dealer? Like them? Worth it?
It looks like a really easy install... I popped the sill off to tuck extra wire from my homelink mirror under, and realized just how easy it would be to add those. It's just an LED strip that mounts under a sill with the word pathfinder written in transparent material. The only hard part would be routing the wire to the passenger side, but even that should be relatively easy. Probably a 1 hour install, tops.

I'd get them for my car, but like you I wonder if it's even worth it in the first place. I doubt I would even notice them, nor would anyone else (after my wife makes me stop pointing them out to everyone who gets in the car).

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Are you talking about these?

I don't really see the point of them. They are purely cosmetic right?
yeah it is just cosmetic, they don't serve any real purpose other than being bling. I guess at night it does help with the extra bit of light being their, but aside from that. It's bling!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have them installed on mine .... didn't notice them until a few nights later when I was washing the car and it got dark on me cleaning the interior. It doesn't add any extra light anywhere (not bright enough) and is purely cosmetic only. And like dcline said ... no one will notice.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have them - they are purely cosmetic. They were installed on our SL Premium when we purchased it - we didn't request them. I will say that I have had people notice them in a positive way when getting into the PF at night.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought my wife a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium. We have all the accessories. I installed everything except the mud flaps and roof rack (was already on vehicle at purchase). Everything else I did myself, including the Nissan VTRS. You can look at the instructions on www.nissan-techinfo.com. I just printed out all the instructions and did everything myself. I would suggest purchasing the little connector for the accessories. It just makes much easier ton install everything. I have not seen any other Pathfinders here in Kansas with all the stuff on it. My family really likes everything, however I do not think the mood lighting was worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
You only really see them at night, and do be aware that only the front units light up. The rear plates just have a stainless appearance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody get these added at the dealer? Like them? Worth it?
I like mine, i think they add a nice touch, when you wipe em off they look nice and shiny, most of my friends do notice this, and they automatically know what type of car it is, i guess its one mans opinion

·
Registered
74 Posts
We had them on our 2013 and they looked nice. When Nissan replaced it with a new 2014 we didn't have that feature. I haven't noticed them.

They are only on the front and do help you see the edge of the door better.. other than that... I wouldn't add them to our new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts