Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding that there is two types of Pathfinder owners. Ones that have been having problems and ones that have not been having problems. My question is, if you could go back in time knowing what you know now, would you buy the Pathfinder again?

If you wouldn't buy the PF again, what would you go for instead?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am finding that there is two types of Pathfinder owners. Ones that have been having problems and ones that have not been having problems. My question is, if you could go back in time knowing what you know now, would you buy the Pathfinder again?

If you wouldn't buy the PF again, what would you go for instead?
Back in time, no. Forward in a time after the transmission is fixed, yes. Alternative? Don't know everything that I compare to the Pathfinder (that I can afford) has various drawbacks.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
it's gonna get interesting in here. rain suit on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Absolutely. Just turned 5000 miles...no problems so far!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
The problems for the pathfinder don't seem to be consistent and there are more owners popping in to find solutions on the board then those who have none at all and want to talk about it.

We should add a poll to this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wish the acura MDX would have had the room that the pathfinder has. I would have bought that. However, I am very happy with the PF.

·
Registered
56 Posts
very minor shudder a few times, none in the last 3000 miles. I would buy it again as there is not much that can replace it @ price point.....I would however ask for an extended pwrtrain warranty to be thrown in as part of the deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thankfully I didn't buy one as yet, I knew that buying vehicles in their first year of production wouldn't be the greatest idea, and now my point is being proven.

2014 models should prove to be better, THOSE i would buy.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Nope. I would have gone for the Highlander or possibly the Ford Edge.

Between the highway stability issues and the shudder, I've had about enough of this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
seems like the shudder is what is driving everyone nuts. Nissan should just replace the entire transmission for owners who are experiencing the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
seems like the shudder is what is driving everyone nuts. Nissan should just replace the entire transmission for owners who are experiencing the problem.
They are. Problem is, it's not always working... or not working for long.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems like this thread is breaking down along the lines of those who have had a problem with the vehicle versus those who have not. And that seems to make sense when you think about it. I think the problems that do exist with the 2013 PF are due to it being the first model year, so the 2014 version will likely fix most of these problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have no problem with my Pathfinder but if I can go back in time. I would look at the Dodge Durango again. My wife didn't like the look at the Durango when we were shopping for a 3 rows Crossover/SUV then she saw one on the road the other day and ask me "That is one new looking SUV, why didn't we look at it when we were shopping?" I told her we did look at the Pilot, Pathfinder, Durango, and Highlander.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts