Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a lot of us are mentioning problems with the Idling Stop System (ISS) and so I wanted to get a sense of what issues others are noticing with it. So far, I have two main problems with it:

1) When the engine has been stopped by the ISS system, placing the car into park will cause the engine to restart. This seems to contradict the logic described in the manual.

2) When the engine has been stopped by the ISS system, the engine will always restart after 5-15 seconds without any driver input. To prove this, I have been using the Auto Hold feature, which keeps the car stationary after coming to a complete stop. So, after coming to a complete stop, both the Auto Hold and the ISS will engage. I then take my hands off of the steering wheel and foot off the brake, and without doing anything, the engine restarts after 5-15 seconds. According to the manual, it shouldn't restart until I press the gas, turn the steering wheel, etc.

So, do you all have any observations about these scenarios, or notice any other weird behavior with the ISS system?

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
I know that a lot of us are mentioning problems with the Idling Stop System (ISS) and so I wanted to get a sense of what issues others are noticing with it. So far, I have two main problems with it:

1) When the engine has been stopped by the ISS system, placing the car into park will cause the engine to restart. This seems to contradict the logic described in the manual.

2) When the engine has been stopped by the ISS system, the engine will always restart after 5-15 seconds without any driver input. To prove this, I have been using the Auto Hold feature, which keeps the car stationary after coming to a complete stop. So, after coming to a complete stop, both the Auto Hold and the ISS will engage. I then take my hands off of the steering wheel and foot off the brake, and without doing anything, the engine restarts after 5-15 seconds. According to the manual, it shouldn't restart until I press the gas, turn the steering wheel, etc.

So, do you all have any observations about these scenarios, or notice any other weird behavior with the ISS system?
Both of your concerns are the exact same thing that happens on my company car which is a 2020 Ford Escape and my brother's car which is a MDX. Put it in park, the engine starts back up. Sitting a light too long, the engine automatically starts back up after a set time. I honestly wouldn't know on my Pathfinder because I have gotten in the habit of disabling it as part of my process of pressing the start button, putting it into gear, and hitting the auto stop override every time. It's a worthless feature that's just going to cause extra strain on the battery and starter IMO and I guarantee you the manufacturers didn't improve the batteries and starters to accommodate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts