Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Platinum Premium PF with a 4/13 build date, 1358 miles driven so far. I've noticed the sudden jerk motion when at a red light with the A/C on min and max settings. This doesn't happen when the A/C is off. Has anyone else experience this? (I'm really hoping this is normal)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a 2013 Platinum Premium PF with a 4/13 build date, 1358 miles driven so far. I've noticed the sudden jerk motion when at a red light with the A/C on min and max settings. This doesn't happen when the A/C is off. Has anyone else experience this? (I'm really hoping this is normal)
Just to be clear, the problem only happens when the AC is on max or minimum, not somewhere in between???

Does the "jerk motion" feel like it is the engine, or perhaps a problem with the battery? Seems like a very strange problem to have, especially since your PF has so few miles on it.

(is that a recall I see in the distance???)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to be clear, the problem only happens when the AC is on max or minimum, not somewhere in between???

Does the "jerk motion" feel like it is the engine, or perhaps a problem with the battery? Seems like a very strange problem to have, especially since your PF has so few miles on it.

(is that a recall I see in the distance???)
It happens on any setting between min and max, front dual/single and rear on or off.. It could be when the alternator kicks in to charge the battery but I'm not a 100%. I do have the stereo on steaming Bluetooth, phone charging at times, Navigation turned on.. I've been planning on putting a better battery in for all the electronics and devices I have going on. Time to take a trip to the dealer and see what they can diagnose.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Time to take a trip to the dealer and see what they can diagnose.
That's a good idea. I certainly don't think what you're experiencing is normal. Mine, with all the setting on, has a lot of variation in idle rpm's...more so than any vehicle I've ever owned. It can idle up to 1000 when the a/c compressor kicks on and can drop as low as 300 or 400 at times, but never has it produced any sudden jerks. Let us know what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Its normal for the AC to cause the idle to be effected. Jerking? Well I've seen it happen with a 4 cylinder civic before but not with a V6 nissan. Bring it in and see what they say.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That could be dangerous too, so it is definitely worth getting it looked into ASAP. I'm sure your warranty would cover something like this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its normal for the AC to cause the idle to be effected. Jerking? Well I've seen it happen with a 4 cylinder civic before but not with a V6 nissan. Bring it in and see what they say.
Yes, its normal for slight variations, not huge jumps. It may very well be normal for this vehicle but certainly not for any I've owned before it. Either way, it doesn't concern me that mine does it, just seems odd. My diesel truck would jerk, almost lunge forward, when sitting at idle with the A/C going and that turned out to be a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Service appointment scheduled for Monday.. I will follow up on the results of the diagnostic test, I hope they find something!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Diagnostic test came back clear, no service codes reported. The service manager and service rep both test drove the PF and stated they didn't feel any jerking motion. I even had them drive along with me to see if it would reoccur, but of course, it didn't! Was it just the engine finally settling in? Maybe... As of today I have not felt the jerking motion as I once stated. Lets see what happens after the first oil change, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Of course :)

Any vibration, shaking, noises.

All go into hiding as soon as you pull up to the service lot.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Diagnostic test came back clear, no service codes reported. The service manager and service rep both test drove the PF and stated they didn't feel any jerking motion. I even had them drive along with me to see if it would reoccur, but of course, it didn't! Was it just the engine finally settling in? Maybe... As of today I have not felt the jerking motion as I once stated. Lets see what happens after the first oil change, fingers crossed!
maybe it was the engine settling in but thats a weird thing to happen, keep us posted on any changes, pretty weird for that to happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts