Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got 4 OEM rims on Kijiji for a really good price, 1 had some curb rash. Tires are ok, but not great.

I sanded them all, cleaned and prep them very well for painting. Used Dupli-Color wheel paint in gloss black and clear coat. I highly recommend getting an aerosol trigger.

Came out alright, I have the same set on the PF right now and will used these black ones for winter tires.

Have you painted your wheels before, and what color/finish did you use?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,412 Posts
Looks nice.
I've spray painted lots of things but many times had issues were the paint "cracked" when I applied the clear coat. Decided to never use clear again.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
Nice work!!

Great thing is you can do quick touch ups with a pen applicator if need be.

Reactions: Max76

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got around to take some pics of the painted rims on the PF, tomorrow I am getting new all terrain tires (Falken Wildpeak Trail) to replace these used and worn tires that I got with the rims off Kijiji. I will post more pics with new tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a new Falken Wildpeak TA Trail 255 50 20 installed on the 20" OEM paintes rims, I love how they look, and surprisingly are more quite than the stock Bridgestone.

I will test them more over the first 2 weeks of August (Road trip and camping).

I took some pics, the wheels aren't really clean :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Surprisingly quiter than the stock Bridgestone Dueler we get here in Canada, my 2013 had Toyo Open Country and were better.

These Falkens are not crazy off road tires, and most reviews I read were good in terms of road noise.

Tires still new, so more rubber between the road and the car I guess. I will see how they fair in 6 month or a year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great look max. When looking for platinum wheels to swap my stock 18's, I actually stumbled upon those same wheels in black gloss finish for $900 for the set, they look awesome. I of course went with the aluminum look since I was going to save $400 in the process. But your painted set looks great on your gray PF, nice job on the paint job.

I wish I could find a set of those tires with the 255/50 specs here in the caribbean, I'm sure the ride must be a tiny bit more smoother with those on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great look max. When looking for platinum wheels to swap my stock 18's, I actually stumbled upon those same wheels in black gloss finish for $900 for the set, they look awesome. I of course went with the aluminum look since I was going to save $400 in the process. But your painted set looks great on your gray PF, nice job on the paint job.

I wish I could find a set of those tires with the 255/50 specs here in the caribbean, I'm sure the ride must be a tiny bit more smoother with those one.
Thanks! Indeed the ride and specially cornering improved over the stock wheels. I paid $300 for the wheels on kijiji, which is a great deal (with TPMS). So far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts