Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE 2WD and as of last week, the Climate Control doesn't come on right away when I first turn the vehicle on. The rear blower works just fine. However, when I first start my Pathfinder and increase the fan nothing happens. Seriously... nothing...Regardless if I have it set to the A/C or heat setting.

The only way to get it to come on is to start driving, after about a half mile or so, it slowly comes on till it reaches its proper setting. When it finally fully kicks in, the A/C blows cold and the Heat Blows hot like its supposed to, however, I just cant get it to start when I first start the vehicle.

Is this an electrical issue, is the relay going bad... or is this the first sign that my blower is about to go???

Can someone please help me out on this?

Cheers,
Manny

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Your blower most likely needs to be replaced. Electric motors sometimes get stuck and all they need is a small push to get going, that is most likely due to worn bushings/bearings or dirt/dust.
When you start driving, outside air coming in might be giving it that minor push.

Try cleaning/lubing it, you might get lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

Your blower most likely needs to be replaced. Electric motors sometimes get stuck and all they need is a small push to get going, that is most likely due to worn bushings/bearings or dirt/dust.
When you start driving, outside air coming in might be giving it that minor push.

Try cleaning/lubing it, you might get lucky.

Got it. That makes sense, I will go ahead and try to clean it first. I was also told (by Nissan) that it might also be my HVAC Module. If cleaning it doesn't work I will probably go ahead and replace both.

I love my Pathfinder, its only got 160K and is still in pretty good condition. I don't drive it everyday, unfortunately, its at that point where things are getting "tired"...😕

Thanks for the welcome and Thank you for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts