Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 pathfinder SL Dark gray
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have a 2020 pathfinder, a while back, I started having some stuttering occurring on high speed or climbing a steep road, or after driving for quite a long time, a week ago I decided to go to the dealer to check the car, the mechanic checked the car twice with the computer but nothing showed up, and so he suspected it might be the fuel pump, so he cut through the floor insulation mat, only to find nothing, according to him it’s clean, and it’s probably some bad petrol. Now, my question is what would cause such thing? And is there another way to check the fuel pump other than from underneath the back seat? Because last time I had the fuel smell all inside the cabin? And could I find a way to seal that cut I have now? Or maybe could I replace the whole interior floor insulation?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,370 Posts
What makes you think they cut the carpet?
As far as I know (and confirmed with the manual), the carpet is already pre-cut to allow access to the fuel pump.

Font Parallel Circle Number

To check a fuel pump they should first do a pressure test (in the engine bay), so I'm not sure why would they remove the pump. The smell might have been from fuel spilled on the carpet, it should go away over time.
It is possible that if the pump was removed, it was not sealed properly when it was re-installed and there could be some fuel spilling on top of the tank. Should happen more often when the tank is full.

Font Parallel Technology Screenshot Rectangle

Can't tell you much about your other problem, it sounds like an occasional misfire but its hard to tell without a code.
With this engine, make sure you stay on top of your oil changes. Do a search on "sludge".

·
Registered
2020 pathfinder SL Dark gray
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What makes you think they cut the carpet?
As far as I know (and confirmed with the manual), the carpet is already pre-cut to allow access to the fuel pump.

View attachment 17058

To check a fuel pump they should first do a pressure test (in the engine bay), so I'm not sure why would they remove the pump. The smell might have been from fuel spilled on the carpet, it should go away over time.
It is possible that if the pump was removed, it was not sealed properly when it was re-installed and there could be some fuel spilling on top of the tank. Should happen more often when the tank is full.

View attachment 17059

Can't tell you much about your other problem, it sounds like an occasional misfire but its hard to tell without a code.
With this engine, make sure you stay on top of your oil changes. Do a search on "sludge".
hi, thank you very much that was most helpful, I haves lefted the back seat several times and not quite sure I’ve seen that cut in the floor mat, it was until I got it back I saw the cut with Velcro stabled underneath the mat to hold both sides of the cut,
Hood Fluid Automotive lighting Gadget Trunk

I have few other questions, I hope you don’t mind: first is that page from the owners manual? What page if yes I’d very much like to read it. Second, what are the things highlighted in yellow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts