Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? When I map my gps to a new location and decide to cancel the route I select the cancel route options however it tells me that my route is being paused and not cancelled. When I select a new route my old destination is still there paused. So what I have to do is route to my new destination and put in as a stop over and then cancel the old destination to navigate to the new one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
lol, i got the sl but i'm gonna give you my 2 cents... maybe it's not letting you cancel because you are moving, you may have to come to a complete stop in order to cancel the route...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
WOW!!! 25 views and no one the same experience as I do?
Keep in mind that each time a search engine spider crawls the forum, it counts as a page view. On a moderately-sized forum like this one, at any given moment there can be dozens of spiders crawling it, leading to the bulk of page views not being made by actual humans.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, i got the sl but i'm gonna give you my 2 cents... maybe it's not letting you cancel because you are moving, you may have to come to a complete stop in order to cancel the route...
possibly. I shall give that a try. If I can't figure it out I will ask the dealer during my first oil change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is actually normal. I have a 2010 nissan navigation unit which is essentially the same. I still haven't figured out a way to fully cancel the route.

IIRC: Even after several months of "cancelling" the the original route, it is still paused and when I accidentally use voice guidance to resume route, it brings it back. This happened to me twice.

For me, it isn't too much of an issue only because I don't use it all that often and when I do, I just input a new location and the old one gets replaced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is actually normal. I have a 2010 nissan navigation unit which is essentially the same. I still haven't figured out a way to fully cancel the route.

IIRC: Even after several months of "cancelling" the the original route, it is still paused and when I accidentally use voice guidance to resume route, it brings it back. This happened to me twice.

For me, it isn't too much of an issue only because I don't use it all that often and when I do, I just input a new location and the old one gets replaced.

Good to know. Thank you for shedding some light on the subject.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same issue in my 2010 Altima w/factory nav. If memory serves me correctly, I went in to settings> clear history. The navigation issues were one reason I ended up getting the SL with Premium package and skipped the Platinum.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? When I map my gps to a new location and decide to cancel the route I select the cancel route options however it tells me that my route is being paused and not cancelled. When I select a new route my old destination is still there paused. So what I have to do is route to my new destination and put in as a stop over and then cancel the old destination to navigate to the new one.
YES!!! I do...and it's flaky about "restarting" the cancelled/paused route when I restart the car. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Actually, I need to add this to my list of bugs. Very short list, but still it shouldn't be that way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read your posts quickly and maybe missed the answer, but here is what my wife and I discovered. Cancel route = pause route. You have to "Delete Route" to cancel. Does that help?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I read your posts quickly and maybe missed the answer, but here is what my wife and I discovered. Cancel route = pause route. You have to "Delete Route" to cancel. Does that help?
Same experience for me. Although Cancel route should not be labeled that:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts