Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed when accelerating, there is a humming/low vibration noise coming from the center row on the passenger side. I don't have anything in the truck that could be rattling, I'm wondering if something is loose underneath? I don't want to take it back to the service department - AGAIN - but I'm worried that something is going to fall off.

Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

The service manager was able to replicate the issue right away, and he advised they think it was the heat shield. They adjusted it so hopefully the vibration will be gone when I get it back today. Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Update:

The service manager was able to replicate the issue right away, and he advised they think it was the heat shield. They adjusted it so hopefully the vibration will be gone when I get it back today. Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.
Any update? I don't believe it is the heat shield but who knows, maybe it is. If it is then, great, at least it's a quick and easy fix not something you'll have to go through **** with nissan just to get rid of

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
it is common for heatshields to rattle so I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any update? I don't believe it is the heat shield but who knows, maybe it is. If it is then, great, at least it's a quick and easy fix not something you'll have to go through **** with nissan just to get rid of
it is common for heatshields to rattle so I wouldn't be surprised.
Whatever they did, it did not fix the noise. I wonder if there is there more than one heat shield?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Whatever they did, it did not fix the noise. I wonder if there is there more than one heat shield?
The Pathfinder is a big vehicle after all. I think each catalytic converter is suppose to have a heat shield or where ever is suitable, even else where on the exhaust system there may be a head shield.

Maybe it's a noise coming from the suspension system?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a rattle noise coming from the driver's side when the wind would blow against while driving. Found the cause to be a broken mud flap that would shake back and forth hitting against the body of the vehicle. Must have happened when I kicked the built up snow off of it during the winter time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts