Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2013 PF 4x4. Today was its first highway drive. I noticed at 70-75mph there was a hum from what seemed like the front left wheel. I didn't notice it at low speed. It seemed to vary in loudness and pitch as i changed lanes. It wasn't the tires or the road. I drove from LA to San Diego and it was there the entire time. It wasn't very loud but was noticeable for a new car buyer. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just by the description, bad bearings are coming to mind but then you add in that this is a new vehicle and that just doesn't make sense. Is there any vibration that can be felt through the steering wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is a slight vibration. Bearings were my guess as well. I did see that the 2013 PF has a recall for brake calipers. thought it may be related. PF has 300 miles on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Now that you mention it, I do remember the brake caliper recall now. If it were me I'd have the dealer check the VIN number to verify that it did have that recall applied...they all say that its supposed to be applied before you take delivery of the vehicle but that doesn't mean anything in my opinion. At 300 mi, they need to look into it regardless because something certainly isn't functioning normally.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
How are you sure it isn't the tires?

Is the hum constant or does the pitch change?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts