Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
cool. learn something new everyday. Now i'm going home to try it and see if thats the reason i feel like i'm hitting my head when i open it. i'm only 5'7.:confused:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi!

I can not view the video
From the owner's manual, and previously posted on this forum:

LIFTGATE POSITION SETTING
The liftgate can be set to open to a specific height
by performing the following:
1. Open the liftgate using the request switch or
the Intelligent Key.
2. Pull the liftgate down to the desired position
and hold the liftgate (the liftgate will have
some resistance when being manually adjusted).
3. While holding the liftgate in position, press
and hold the liftgate switch located
on the liftgate for approximately 5 seconds
or until 3 beeps are heard.
The liftgate will open to the selected position
setting. To change the position of the liftgate,
repeat steps 1-3 for setting the position of the
liftgate.
"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Bush Man for your reply I will give it a shot and check it out. Actually I just purchased Nissan Pathfinder 2014 Platinum Yesterday and I didn't realize as soon as I open the lift gate from the remote or from the back it opens and beeps and comes down again. for some reason it doesn't stay hold on top. I am not sure what's the problem. I would really appreciate if you have any clue about this problem. Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to own a Pathfinder 2006 in Dubai, it was an amazing car loved it. She never gave us any trouble though we had bought it second hand. This is a 2014 just bought it yesterday and this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bush Man Thank you so much it worked :) now I don't need to go to the dealer :) I have another question if someone can help me out in it. while the car is in 2x2 it's fine but once I change it to auto it gives some kind of sound from the back and once I pass 60kph it stops. is that normal?????

·
Registered
93 Posts
You really need a video to set the liftgate height? FOllow the instructions above.
No, what I really need is for the tailgate to go higher. I am 6 foot and if I had a dollar for every time I hit my head on the **** thing I would be rich. I just had a 2017 Rogue as a rental and that lift gate was plenty high enough w/out having to duck under it but from what I can tell it can't go any higher on my pathfinder which sucks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I am not really sure what to make of your response. If you are suggesting that I don't hit my head on it, you are simply wrong. Our driveway is slanted downward and the rear is elevated such that *I* am effectively taller than I would be if the ground was level. Essentially, there is less distance from ground to liftgate. Hence I hit my head. I'm 5'10 and change.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am not really sure what to make of your response. If you are suggesting that I don't hit my head on it, you are simply wrong. Our driveway is slanted downward and the rear is elevated such that *I* am effectively taller than I would be if the ground was level. Essentially, there is less distance from ground to liftgate. Hence I hit my head. I'm 5'10 and change.
lol I used the term "bollocks" as in BALLS. Or testicles, ya know? Meaning I believe you but it just sucks. :iagree:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Ah... my bad. I thought you were being argumentative. Sorry. I never had the issue with our Grand Caravan, as you and others say, not an issue with other Nissan products. I swear Nissan s not listening to its customers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just be aware with the height as well, ours would close straight away when we opened it after 2 years of issue free use. We found that it was telling itself that it was hitting something when fully opened and this sense was causing its instant retraction. We used the above method to set the height a little lower than full extension so that it wasn't causing the issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts