Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC System is working fine, I want to maintain the system by cleaning the evaporator with foam spray. A lot of advice telling I need to remove the whole dash:confused:
Any possible ways to reach the evaporator without removing the dash?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,423 Posts
I don't know of a way to get at the front evap core without removing the whole HVAC plenum from under the dash. I haven't heard of these failing on 2013-2021's nor know of any videos.

I was under the impression the cabin air filter element is upstream of the heater and evap core, so keeing a CAF in place and changing it regularly should keep these cores clean.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yep, just change your cabin filter when recommended. The evap core is inside a sealed box that requires dash removal to get to it, so you can't really access it for servicing.

The main issues that would come up with the evaporator would be smell from a plugged drain or a cracked core causes by core icing. You would know if it's icing because you stop getting airflow out of the vents, but can hear it blowing in there. The drain is probably good if you see water dripping under the car when using the AC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts