Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium and I was very disappointed the car don't have a digital compass at the rear view mirror. I was searching around on ebay and even check with the dealer to see if an upgrade mirror I can get to change it. The only one I can found is almost $200 and the dealer not even sure it will work with Platinum Premium because it's listed for SV and SL model only. Long story short, one time I sat in my friend 2010 Murano and saw the mirror in the car looks just like the $200 mirror with the homelink, auto Dim and compass. So I purchase one from eBay for $65, a like new used 2010 Murano mirror with the compass on it, and it works perfectly. The swap takes less than a minute and now I have a mirror with home link, Auto-Dim and compass on it and its only cost me $65.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the NAV screen has a little compass on it but its the sizes of a green pea and it's a north point compass so you have to calculate the way-point with the "N" arrow pointing. The digital compass is easier because it show the direction in letters, or maybe I just got the use to it because the car I got before have it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Word of caution:

I just bought a new garage door opener, and discovered that there is a new technology that Homelink mirrors made before 2011 are incompatible with. I was very worried buying my homelink mirror on ebay, but was pleased to learn that the Pathfinder mirror's part number (also compatible with 2014 Versa) is exclusively a 4th generation Homelink.

I paid $165 for my mirror kit, and would have gladly paid much more than an extra $100 to get a homelink that works with my new garage door opener. And you'll quickly find that the repeater for older incompatible Homelink units costs much more than a new Homelink mirror.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just did this change today and love it.
We have a 2015 platinum and I was able to use a rear view mirror from an infiniti m35 with homelink and compass.
The compass indicator is orange so matches the pathfinder dash illumination too.
The mirror is a direct fit with no changing or pins or connectors.
Pulled it from a local salvage yard for $9!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Will these mirrors work with a non-tech 2017 SV? Not sure why but I like having a compass.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What does your connector look like? Do you have homelink buttons and auto dim on your present mirror.
If yes, it should be a direct fit.
I took a picture of my connector and wire pin locations to the salvage yard and the Infiniti one matched.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What does your connector look like? Do you have homelink buttons and auto dim on your present mirror.
If yes, it should be a direct fit.
I took a picture of my connector and wire pin locations to the salvage yard and the Infiniti one matched.
Yes I have the auto-dimming and home-link. Gonna look in the salvage yards. Is it just the 2010 Murano or do other models/years have it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got mine out of an 07 Infiniti M35

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got one on eBay. It was listed for a 2010 Nissan Maxima Murano. Got it for $16.71. There was shipping and taxes so that brought it up to just under $27 but it is like new. Came today and I installed in < 5 minutes. Torx screw and power plug. It has an orange display. Might like blue better but definitely worth the $27 I paid. Thanks for the tip iisnoopyii.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
I'm wondering why a 2013 Plat doesn't have a compass on the mirror when my 2013 SL does?
I'd like to see the temp there too.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Ah, okay. I guess I didn't re-read the thread. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts