Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,423 Posts
I don't think there's any way of knowing in today's market.

Some dealers are charging "market adjustment" fees above MSRP. Some are knocking a little bit off depending on the trim level you're buying.

I'd personally avoid the 2022 for another year or three, but that's me.

In Oct 2019 I paid $24K for my 2019 SV 4x4 used with 24K miles on it. I wouldn't even consider paying $40K+ for a Pathfinder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Expect to pay at least MSRP right now since there is such a limited supply. If you don't pay it, they will sell it to the next person who will.
I looked at some 2022 Pathfinder SVs on CarGurus today, and they were selling for either MSRP or $3,000 above. That’s insane! If you don’t absolutely need a car now, best to wait until spring and see if the new car market cools down.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I looked at some 2022 Pathfinder SVs on CarGurus today, and they were selling for either MSRP or $3,000 above. That’s insane! If you don’t absolutely need a car now, best to wait until spring and see if the new car market cools down.
The amazing thing is, these prices are not stopping anyone. It's a perfect storm of the supply being slightly behind the demand. What scares me is I've never known new car pricing to go down. Used car pricing follows.

I've read of some dealers adding a $10K "market adjustment" to the sticker of 3/4 ton pickup trucks and they're still gone as quick as they get to the dealers.

This current situation is going to end my life long affliction of getting a different vehicle every 2yrs or so. That's not necessarily a horrible thing. Just boring. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know of a dealership in the country selling for MSRP?
It might be worth joining Costco to see how much it would cost through their auto buying service. Even if the best that they can do is MSRP, that would still beat a $2K dealer markup! (I don’t know if you have to be a Costco member just to get a price; obviously, you would need to be a member to actually place the order through them.)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Last I knew they weren't charging above MSRP in the Buffalo NY area. In fact, they were discounting (very little though) on dealer stock.

I've always liked my Nissans but I still can't get over people are willingly paying over MSRP for one. For any new vehicle really. I get it if you're in a situation w/out a vehicle and you need one ASAP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last I knew they weren't charging above MSRP in the Buffalo NY area. In fact, they were discounting (very little though) on dealer stock.

I've always liked my Nissans but I still can't get over people are willingly paying over MSRP for one. For any new vehicle really. I get it if you're in a situation w/out a vehicle and you need one ASAP.
It's not so much the PF but all cars right now due to chip shortages and causing the dealer to not have any new cars to sell. This has been going on well over a year and finally dealers are getting a surplus of vehicles. Interest rates though make up for the extra cost.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It's not so much the PF but all cars right now due to chip shortages and causing the dealer to not have any new cars to sell. This has been going on well over a year and finally dealers are getting a surplus of vehicles. Interest rates though make up for the extra cost.
It's been going on for about 2yrs. Electronics shortages is part of it for sure, but it's also labor shortages, COVID shut downs, etc. People are willing to put big money into their used vehicles now to keep them going. Parts aren't available for them, labor is short, etc. I've never seen a situation quite like it and it's ending my life long affliction of getting a 'new' vehicle every 2yrs or so.

Sure my vehicles can be traded in for what I paid for them 2-3yrs ago, but there's still a negative net in the end given the price increases, interest rate increases, etc. I love cars and love having something newer, but don't love them that much. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts