Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a way to tell exactly how many (gallons) are needed to fill up? I learned that the R53 miles to empty indicator estimates according to your driving habits. Has it always been this way with previous models? Is there a menu option that maybe I haven't discovered that will show me exactly how many gallons are left?

Yeah, I can always use the fill up option at the pump, but hoping there's a more precise way to get at exactly how many gallons I need to fill up the tank. Especially with crazy gas prices. Otherwise, I'm constantly playing a guessing game with the fuel gauge indicator.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,986 Posts
I'm not sure why that is useful information. I can see if you have a budget and need to figure how many gallons you can afford to get to where you're going, but other than maybe being a little OCD, why do need to know exactly how many gallons are left? It's gonna vary on how much stop and go driving you're doing, hills, terrain, etc. to calculate how many miles you've got to empty anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure why that is useful information. I can see if you have a budget and need to figure how many gallons you can afford to get to where you're going, but other than maybe being a little OCD, why do need to know exactly how many gallons are left? It's gonna vary on how much stop and go driving you're doing, hills, terrain, etc. to calculate how many miles you've got to empty anyway.
I don't like paying at the pump. I prefer to walk inside and pay the exact amount I intend to fill up. So, not OCD and yes, useful to me and probably just me. :)

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,370 Posts
Has it always been this way with previous models?
Yes

I don't like paying at the pump. I prefer to walk inside and pay the exact amount I intend to fill up. So, not OCD and yes, useful to me and probably just me. :)
Fortunately, 99% of the gas stations in my area still allow you to fill up and then go pay... but I rather pay at the pump.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jay, I see where his point can be useful as I travel often between states. As you know gas prices vary from state to state, for example when I am fill up in one of "expensive" states, I am trying to fill as little as possible, just enough to get were I am going. Once I reach "cheap" state, I fill up full tank. This saves couple of bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts