Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been 5 days since my shop is waiting for a converter to become available, none in stock and no ETA for one....i was told that it might be because it might be a part in revision or a new design coming out , any thoughts?i just want my baby fixed any way...

·
Registered
440 Posts
It took a week to get the part in, and I drove the vehicle until the part was in. It took them 4 days to do the 11 hour changeout. Got it back, and they had trashed the right transaxle CV joint and and an exhaust pipe hanger, took another 10 days to fix that.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It took a week to get the part in, and I drove the vehicle until the part was in. It took them 4 days to do the 11 hour changeout. Got it back, and they had trashed the right transaxle CV joint and and an exhaust pipe hanger, took another 10 days to fix that.
might be time to find another Nissan dealership the next time you need service, try looking for one of those larger "flagship" dealerships.

·
Registered
151 Posts
...i was told that it might be because it might be a part in revision or a new design coming out , any thoughts?
I don't have a clue, however I hope this is the reason since NTB13064 ultimately didn't fix mine. At this point they're replacing the entire CVT, which apparently is on a lengthy backorder also, and it would be nice if its a new design...still doesn't guarantee anything but at least I would feel some better.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I spoke to my service advisor again this afternoon and he actually commented to me that he had been on the phone with Nissan and was told Nissan's engineers have recently updated the entire design of the CVT, so the new tranny I'll be getting is essentially what's going into vehicles being assembled right now (2014's). Also, he said not only are the torque converters being re-redesigned but Nissan didn't produce enough of these parts to begin with because they didn't anticipate how big of a problem this was going to turn into. He said that the person he spoke to with techline basically admitted that Nissan had a mess on their hands right now. So to answer your question, it would seem that it is a mixture of it being redesigned and lots of PF owners needing this part.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can tell you I've had the convertor replaced once, and the reprogram twice, and still have the jutter.... It is still there driving straight and also when turning, more pronounced to the left... Back again Thursday to the dealer it will go... Really wished they would get it fixed b/c I love everything else a/b the truck but the trans issue!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can tell you I've had the convertor replaced once, and the reprogram twice, and still have the jutter.... It is still there driving straight and also when turning, more pronounced to the left... Back again Thursday to the dealer it will go... Really wished they would get it fixed b/c I love everything else a/b the truck but the trans issue!!!
Can you check your invoice and see what was the part number of the converter they installed?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I finally called Nissan North America and they PROMPTLY told me they would replace the CVT and extend the entire power train warranty to 7yr/70k. Time for you to get on the phone. And tell your dealer in advance - because it is his recommendation that will get you the new tranny. My service manager was called the afternoon after I opened the case and he simply said, we've done everything we could have done and the problem exists, time to replace the trans and NA agreed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
7 days to get torque converter, 10 hours 45 minutes to replace. Didn't fix so they replaced the entire CVT. That took 4 days to arrive and 2 days (the 4x4 is more work than the x2) to install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
TC replacement took 27 days total. 23 days waiting for part and 4 days to install. Now in the shop for whole cvt replacement. 4 days to get part in and they said I'll get my pathy back mid week. They'll start working on it on Monday so 3 days to install. Mine was first pathy they did TC replacement so they took their time and made sure they did things right, which wasn't a problem to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I finally called Nissan North America and they PROMPTLY told me they would replace the CVT and extend the entire power train warranty to 7yr/70k. Time for you to get on the phone. And tell your dealer in advance - because it is his recommendation that will get you the new tranny. My service manager was called the afternoon after I opened the case and he simply said, we've done everything we could have done and the problem exists, time to replace the trans and NA agreed.
I purchased the 8 yr 120k warranty when I purchased mine.. But you should argue the fact, I've heard MANY others getting a 100k extension... I just really want my PF fixed. if not then i'm gonna ask for a 2014 hybrid model...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
That could be a case of jumping out of the frying pan and straight into the fire.
Yup. The hybrid model could turn out to have less problems as Nissan has had some time to work out some of the issues from the 2013 PF's but now with the hybrid model receiving a new powertrain no one really knows what to expect of it, if it will be reliable or be problematic

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I dropped mine off this morning about 8am. They gave me a loaner. At about 5:05pm, the Service Advisor called me to tell me it was done. I was little concerned because I knew it was supposed to be about an 11 hour job, but he told me that two techs worked on it - one who had done it before on an Altima, so he thought that might have hastened it.

Jury's still out on whether it fixed anything. I swear I felt it shudder at one point on the way home, but it could have just been a rough road surface and me being oversensitive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts