Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who already owns a 2013 Pathfinder reflect on how the car behaves in the snow?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Haven't tried the AWD in snow, but I did drive other AWD vehicle in the snow, such as the new Escape and I just rather have FWD as this point.

Not sure if it's because of Ford's crappy AWD system or what but I'd like to give Nissan's AWD a shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's awesome in the snow! The way the 4WD works (lock mode will only engage under 10mph and will kick back to auto over 55mph) is a bit weird but other than that it's great. I live in upstate NY and deal with cold and snow constantly, but I have been impressed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excellent Traction

I live in Central Ontario. Have a Platinum with Toyo winter tires and the PF handles extremely well. I leave it in auto and the rears only kick in occasionally. Very solid, very smooth. I traded a 2010Venza AWD and prefer the PF.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We traded a 2011 Outback for the Pathfinder and we've been really happy with the performance in the snow. Auto mode has been all we've used this winter.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD
70 Posts
We had a snow storm yesterday with enough snow, slush, ice to really check it out. The AWD performed fantastic. I used the display that shows the transfer of power front/back and goosed the PF around a bit. Very effective.

The anti-lock brakes worked great also. The PF felt very sure footed for the conditions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We had two snows (both just a few inches) in the past couple weeks. Nothing major, but enough to cover the roads and generally make things slick. My Pathfinder did just fine in the snow. Left it in auto AWD. Never needed to lock it.

That's probably all the snow we'll have this season though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i had just washed my PF before the "somewhat" ice storm we had last weekend here in the south, so i didnt get to try it :( i didnt feel it was worth it, i took my solara lol... had a lot of fun...

·
Registered
74 Posts
we live in Idaho and our Pathfinder works great. We've owned both a Honda Pilot, and GMC Acadia previously. The Pathfinder is by far better on the roads than either of those vehicles. It's like a little tank. We have the stock tires on it and I'm impressed how they've handled.

We took it skiing a couple times and thought it might get tossed around with some of the slush on the road, but it didn't as much as the Pilot. The Acadia weighed a ton, and you definatley noticed it when you tried to stop on slick roads.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Drove the Pathfinder this past weekend in the snow storm and it was any where between 6-30 inches in the north east. I was find on auto..
the OEM tires slip a little a few times.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Drove the Pathfinder this past weekend in the snow storm and it was any where between 6-30 inches in the north east. I was find on auto..
the OEM tires slip a little a few times.
Do you know what kind of tires it had? I'm assuming it had winter tires since thats a lot of snow, not sure how all seasons would hold up.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In snow it'll always slip a little. Even with winter tires. As long as it doesn't get stuck and it can dig through the snow you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The AWD should be enough in the snow. Unless it snows often and in high amounts winter tires aren't absolutely required - they do help though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love the PF. Nice and smooth on auto mode. Engagement is flawless. Can't feel a thing. Not like my previous vehicles when switching from 2wd to 4wd.... it's like getting hit from the behind at 5 mph.

The PF is perfect. I like the unpainted black plastic bottom trims. A little shoveling is ok.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
is everyone using the stock tires or winter tires? how are the all seasons performing?
Using the stock Conti CrossConnects. They seem to do very well. I've never owned a set of Continentals before, so far, I'm pretty happy with them from a traction and NVH standpoint. I'll be interested to see how they hold out mileage-wise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts