Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I had to go under the hood I could not get my hood to close and latch. I am a car guy, mechanically handy and no matter how hard I tried I could not get it closed. I tried to gently close it and push down to get it to latch and no matter what I did could not get it to latch. I finally opened it up about two feet and let it drop and then it latched.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What is wrong with dropping the hood from 2 feet? That is normal.

I've actually dented a hood in the past closing it by pushing on it too hard.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would take the advice from above,just be really careful when your pushing the hood in when its that low. if any you should drop it from 2-3 feet up high, best way to close it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was amazing to me is that there is no other way to close it, you can not push it closed anyway any how. Possibly this is just on our Pathfinder but if it is common on others I would bet other people might not think to drop it closed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine close normally with just hard push down, never had to drop from 2 feet down.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What was amazing to me is that there is no other way to close it, you can not push it closed anyway any how. Possibly this is just on our Pathfinder but if it is common on others I would bet other people might not think to drop it closed.
go to your dealer and try the demo pathfinder. See if that one pushes closed. If not it's probably just the way you are pushing it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
mine close normally with just hard push down, never had to drop from 2 feet down.
dropping your hood from 2 feet high up is the better way of close it shut, letting the weight of the hood close it's self rather than letting it down gently and then pushing it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same experience

I had to walk away from it the first time because I got frustrated I couldn't find a way to push it closed. Dropping it 2-3 ft from the open position wasn't intuitive, and seems like a hazard. Closing it with a push means that no little fingers can appear out of nowhere and get crushed, or if a tool is accidentally left under the hood, you don't have to slam into it to find it. Neither of those things would be a problem with careful attention, but why unnecessarily introduce the risk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts