Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are photo comparisons of 5k HID bulbs replacing the stock halogen bulbs.

Left side HID, right side still stock.

Low beams HID, fog lights stock

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Stock is still not that bad TBH, but as time goes by and the headlight lens gets dirty it will change that light output a lot, diffusing it way too much.

Have you considered applying a clear film over your headlight to keep it looking mint?

trying to restore it later on will be a PITA.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
they are a big improvement from the yellow dull halogen bulbs but since this is not a projector housing your probably blinding oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like a good cutoff. Ill be going with 5k myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you give us a picture in the front of the pf with the fogs on and off?

I parked it on the street with the headlights on, stood in front stooped-over to put my eyes at oncoming-car level, and the glare was not obnoxious. A projector cut-off is certainly preferable, and I may take on that project in the future, but sticking a pair of HID bulbs into the stock set-up is so cheap and easy, it was hard to resist giving them a try.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I parked it on the street with the headlights on, stood in front stooped-over to put my eyes at oncoming-car level, and the glare was not obnoxious. A projector cut-off is certainly preferable, and I may take on that project in the future, but sticking a pair of HID bulbs into the stock set-up is so cheap and easy, it was hard to resist giving them a try.
I agree with you on that ... I've done the exact same thing to my Pathfinder with 8k and it looks great. No glare in anyone's eyes as far as I can tell. Passing cars it doesn't even light the person in the passing vehicle up to where I can see into their car.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Looks good but **** that must be blinding from the other side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice. Can you list the components you used and where you purchased? THanks
It's an H11 conversion kit, you can get them all over the place. I think they're all from the same Chinese manufacturer, simply relabeled. I'm not going to say where I bought mine because the overcharged me $9 and won't respond to emails. I first bought them at Amazon and returned them when one bulb was flaky. The next set was EXACTLY the same except in a different box with a different label. There is a cable converting the H11 plug to whatever is on the ballast (H8?) and on this cable the polarity is reversed, so you have to mess with one of the plugs to swap leads. It's a simple task for someone handy, beyond this, it is a plug and play conversion.

If you think you are blinding oncoming cars, it's very simple to aim the lights down a touch. Go to a parking lot with a buddy and simulate passing in traffic if you want to be certain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts