Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Wife and I just traded in our 2011 Nissan Rogue for our 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Got the S level trim and paid a little over 26K for it, think we got a pretty good deal. Anyways, I am the moding type so in the coming months I will be adding stuff like a second power adapter for the front (since ours only has the 1), sirius XM reciever, Fog Lamps, fold down dvd player (for the little ones), rear camera and mirror from a 370Z, and im also going to try and figure out how to add the touch entry to the car. Of course I am willing to share my how to's and will upload all my pics and walk throughs for it all. If i can find one I'm going to add in a power drivers seat also. Overall impressions of the car... I had to take my titan in a few weeks ago for a recall and got one of these for a day loaner and i was impressed, showed it to the wife and she loved it so we got one. Anyone know if the keyless door entry is possible to add in?

·
Registered
186 Posts
welcome to the forum. its always interesting to hear members who rather add in mods themselves rather than opting for a higher trim that would include mostly everything you mentioned. I guess when you have the how to bug you cant shake it right! Looking forward to reading some of your how to's. I have a platinum and the touch entry is very handy to have. I would imagine the parts might be available through an aftermarket dealer at some point and would guess that a nissan dealer would not offer unless it was for a repair/replacement of original install. All of those Mods you propose sound like a lot of electrical system manipulation and flirts with a number of potential issues with control modules of the car. Just be prepared if something goes wrong that the dealer will have to prove your aftermarket product/s was the root cause of a warranty claim. good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point! I just got the xm reciever for my wife's car and I'm going to be doing a real install and hiding the wires to make a cleaner install because I hate seeing wires lol. Your definetly right about the mods and the warranty. I found a website that has the parts so ill just have to figure out how to add and what will need to goto the dealer to have activated. Its going to be a fun project though. Next on the list after the xm install will be the install of a second power adapter since the s level trim only has 1 up front and the one in the rear which is a pain! But oh well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts