Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Hesitating with no engine light

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tutti57 
#1 ·
I was driving back from a 2 hour trip and halfway through my 2014 started hesitating but I didn't have a check engine light come on. I was at 75mph but it did it at all speed even when I got off the highway. It was hesitating like it wasn't getting gas or spark. It seemed like it didn't do it when I stepped in the gas hard but if I gradually increased speed it did it. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you

#2 ·
only thing I would suggest is getting codes read there maybe pending codes that can help

#5 ·
There are a ton of things that could cause this. Codes are a good start. If the brake switch is bad, your lights will either be stuck on or off when they shouldn't be and it will set a code. There are two brake switches and the code sets when both switches aren't in the same state, on or off for x amount of time. I think it could potentially store an ecm code too if the gas and brake is pushed at the same time for x amount if time. I think I've read a bulletin about that.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.