Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just joined the forum today and have been glued for about 2hrs now. I have a 2013 PF Platinum Premium with tri-zone entertainment system. Does anyone know if it is possible for the rear passengers to watch a dvd using the wireless headphones for sound and the front passengers to listen to the radio through the car speakers?

I can't find any info in the manual on how to do this. If I turn up the volume while a dvd is playing the movie sound comes through the speakers even while the wireless headphones are on. Right now if I change the source up front to radio or Bluetooth music it turns off the dvd. I can't imagine that that the front passengers would be subjected to either listen to movie sound or sit in silence. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Guys, just joined the forum today and have been glued for about 2hrs now. I have a 2013 PF Platinum Premium with tri-zone entertainment system. Does anyone know if it is possible for the rear passengers to watch a dvd using the wireless headphones for sound and the front passengers to listen to the radio through the car speakers?

I can't find any info in the manual on how to do this. If I turn up the volume while a dvd is playing the movie sound comes through the speakers even while the wireless headphones are on. Right now if I change the source up front to radio or Bluetooth music it turns off the dvd. I can't imagine that that the front passengers would be subjected to either listen to movie sound or sit in silence. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!!
What you want it to do is exactly how it should work. I have no issue with mine. With the DVD selected then it will play it through the speakers until you change source. It should not turn off the DVD. Do the screens actually go blank or is the movie still playing and just no sound in the headsets? The headsets can be linked to 1 side so if you only have one screen on then it is possible based on the headset setting that it will not work. For example 1 headset can be set to left screen and other set to right screen and if the right screen is off then that headset will stop working too. I have 2 kids and at some point they swapped headsets and when only 1 screen was on the other was having issues with it working. Anyways this could be your issue if you are losing sound only in the headset.

Bottom line I know you can listen to SAT or Radio while the movie is playing in the headset. I honestly have not tried bluetooth though.

·
Registered
36 Posts

In your setting menu there is a section for rear DVD. Select that, and ensure the rear displays are on. Put the movie in select the option to turn off rear speakers. The movie will play with the cabin audio only on the front. Then select your source. If the movie stops, use the remote to start it up again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just went in to the settings and turned off the rear speakers then switched source to radio and it worked perfectly! Before, every time I would switch the source it would turn the DVD off. The only difference is that this time I was sitting in the garage and the other times I was moving. Seems to have solved my problem. Thank you!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts