Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Pathfinder. The windshield fluid warning light came on....I ran out and bought some fluid. Put it in...filled up to the top so it is full. Well now the light won't turn off. It is driving me nuts!! I am NOT at all car smart..so if there is something that needs to be done please tell me in laymen's terms...LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I have a 2013 Pathfinder. The windshield fluid warning light came on....I ran out and bought some fluid. Put it in...filled up to the top so it is full. Well now the light won't turn off. It is driving me nuts!! I am NOT at all car smart..so if there is something that needs to be done please tell me in laymen's terms...LOL.
Did the reservoir take a lot of fluid? In other words, was it truly dry? Perhaps it just takes a few minutes for the vehicle to recognize that the fluid has been replaced. How long have you waited?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drove it about 30 minutes after I filled it up.

Did the reservoir take a lot of fluid? In other words, was it truly dry? Perhaps it just takes a few minutes for the vehicle to recognize that the fluid has been replaced. How long have you waited?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sounds like there is something wrong with the sensor. You can always take it into the dealer, but I'm not sure that this problem is worth the time and effort. As long as the wiper fluid is working when you want it to , no harm no foul.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had my light come on and it turned off immediately after I filled the reservoir. Either you filled the wrong reservoir or there is something wrong with the sensor.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Perhaps squirting some washer fluid might help?

·
Registered
262 Posts
it could be like tire pressure sensors that need to be reset... maybe there is an in dash menu to fiddle with? its 4 days since the initial incident, whats the story now TXgrl? should we add this to the list of pathfinder niggles?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like there is something wrong with the sensor. You can always take it into the dealer, but I'm not sure that this problem is worth the time and effort. As long as the wiper fluid is working when you want it to , no harm no foul.
THE FOUL IS THE WARNING LIGHT WINDOW POPS UP IN FRONT OF ALL OTHER READOUTS LIKE TEMP, MILAGE, ETC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts