Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan 2013 Pathfinder S model. Currently running the stock 235/65-18 Toyo open country a2s.

They were decent tires comfort and noise wise.

I’m looking at

Kumho TA-11-$139

Michelin Defenders-$205

Kelly edge-$91

BF Goodrich- $159

The Toyos run $145/tire

Any input of other recommendations welcome!

Want a tire that rides nice and has durability

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,366 Posts
Forgot to mention we live in Florida so don’t need to worry about snow, just lots of rain

That's a good reason why you need to fill out your profile in User CP. :sFun_whistle:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the Micheline LTX M/S for 11 years on my old Grand Cherokee before I replaced them.... not due to wear, but due to they expired.

I then put the Michelin Defender LTX M/S on, had them for 2 years before I sold the GC for my Pathfinder.

I love them... but I live up in Canada where it rains 9 months of the year with maybe 2-6" of snow once or twice (west coast).

I'll be getting them again once my stock Continentals wear out.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
+1 on the Michelins! There is a lighter weight version of the Defender that is not M&S rated - might be a good choice. Plus there is a promo on now for $70 off a set.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love my stock Michelin Latitudes, they've served me well in Seattle's rain, snow and mild off-roading. Caveat: I'm at 40K miles and they are starting to run low on tread, but I'm planning to buy them again for the performance they've granted me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good day guys, need your recommendations, i need to replace my stock tires Toyo A25a on our 2017 PF SL FWD before our roadtrip on spring break. Went to Discount Tire looking for the new Continentals CrossContact LX25 (anyone who have experience on this one, please share) but they do not have in stock and they recommended the Michelin Defender LTX and said it most suited for the PF (is this not an overkill for the PF, since the PF now is not a body on frame SUV) and it is over $200 each so i back off, but i would still consider it if its worth it. Please post your experiences if any

My choices are

Continental CrossContact LX25
Michelin Latitude Tour
Michelin Defender LTX
Toyo A25a Open Country (Stock Tire)

TIA

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts
Have you tried Tire Rack for the Contis? You can have them shipped locally and installed by someone in your area.

·
Registered
331 Posts
IMO I would go Michelin ...which one depends on your climate and requirements, weather, loads etc. etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
@JayArras I don't think I will be going with the Tire Rack route, since we are living in spring break which is just about in 2 weeks

@larry We live in Houston area, so dry and wet condition, no snow, family of 5, I might go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, did also a search on other crossover forums and this is always that comes up. Couldn't find some reviews on the Continental CrossContact LX25 yet, since I think they are still new in the market.

Im just gonna ask Discount Tire if they could price match the quote that Costco gave me.

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just a point of information...a friend talked me into buying a set of Cooper snows for my truck and they are hands down the worst piece of #%$& tire I have ever had in my life!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
617 Posts
Just a point of information...a friend talked me into buying a set of Cooper snows for my truck and they are hands down the worst piece of #%$& tire I have ever had in my life!
No kidding? What model cooper snow tire? It's been a LONG time since I've used their snows.. Like 25yrs ago, but I've run various Cooper and Mastercraft all-seasons over the years and they were great.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The tires are Cooper Discoverer, the reasons I don't like them is they are horrible on ice and slush but fairly good in deep snow I guess because of an aggressive tread. Their side walls are wimpy, I noticed making turns on ice road mix that the tire had a wiggly feel to them almost like they were bending over...hard to describe. Well after I started hating them I read an article by the APA on snow tire reviews, and they rated the coopers poorly and went as far to call them an old fashion design.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah, if it's the Discoverers I'm thinking of, that design was around for ever. I'm glad you mentioned something because a while back I was one click away from ordering a set of 4 for my 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 I'm rockin' a set of factory Goodyear Wrangers on OEM steelies for the winter. As you could imagine, they're pretty crummy for winter use. I bought this set of takeoffs mainly for the wheels and TPMSs

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any comments on goodyear max life ? 85k mileage warranty $178 for 235 55 20

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts
Any comments on goodyear max life ? 85k mileage warranty $178 for 235 55 20
I didn't take the time to read the warranty, but I'm sure the 85k warranty is extremely limited.

Reactions: PoManzPathy

·
Registered
55 Posts
seems ok. does not specify alignments!
Owner's Obligations
  • You must rotate your tires in accordance with the prescribed rotation patterns as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly Tires
  • When making a claim under the Tread Life Limited Warranty, you must present your original tire purchase invoice showing the tire description, mileage, and the date the tire(s) were installed
  • You must present the tire to be adjusted to a Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly store; tires replaced as an adjustment become the property of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada, Inc.
  • You must pay any other applicable taxes and government-mandated charges for any additional service you order at the time of adjustment relating to any unique applications requiring mounting, demounting, or balancing
  • No claim will be recognized unless submitted on a Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly claim form (supplied by a Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly store) completely filled out by you, the owner, or your authorized agent when presenting the tire for adjustment

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I went all out in the opposite end of the spectrum. A few days ago I mail ordered through Walmart a set of 4 SuperMax XT-1 235/65R18s tires to replace the OEM yokos on our 2019 Pathfinder. Two have areas that are almost at the wear bars @ 36K miles. These tires were just over $307.09 all-in. Shops in my area will mount and balance 4 for $80-100.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts