Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a bit as I was considering purchasing one of these and over the weekend after I purchased mine. I figured that it was time to register since I'm now part of the community. I can't praise my new Pathfinder enough I absolutely love it.

So you'll probably want to know my stats.

I picked up a Black w/ Almond Leather Pathfinder Platinum Premium. It came with the luggage rack, illuminated door sills, clear bra on the front and mirrors, the rear mat, storage divider, mud flaps, normal floor mats (I ordered the all season since I live in a place that gets a fair amount of snow and, well it's almond.

I do have a few questions, I'm curious about what some of the less obvious accessories are such as the steel bumper protector, Interior Accent Lighting? I got the home link mirror also but mine doesn't have the compass (it's on the nav but all of the pictures show it on the mirror) also the entertainment system in all of the pictures shows a slightly different lcd unit with controls on it, while mine doesn't have that. I wonder if the stock pictures are just false advertising or if I got an old/new version? My door says that mine was made in march of 2013 so I assume it's the "2014" model? no?

Also, I've got some dripping off of the body on the rear passenger side of the vehicle I'll ask the dealer but someone here might be able to tell me. Is that from a condenser or something? I would expect something like that to drip directly down if that's the case but this actually drips off of the body panel so I hope it's not a problem with the vehicle. I won't be able to talk to the dealer until later about it.

Thanks in advance for answering any of my questions I'm sure that there will be a lot more but you guys seem great here, I can't wait to learn more about this beast. I'm worried about the shudder, it was something that I didn't notice anything about in my research prior to purchase unfortunately. If I don't have issues with that I think it's a perfect vehicle for me needs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Borinal,

Just thought I'd take the time, that others can't seem to find, to welcome you into the "Pathfinder Club."
To answer some of your questions...I have the Pathfinder Platinum and also have the Home Link mirror without a compass. I think I remember reading somewhere that for some reason, the compass option wasn't offered as standard equipment on the Platinum or Platinum Premium.
As for the year of your vehicle...I believe that the 2014s weren't in production until July of 2013. So you most likely have a 2013.
With the CVT shuddering, keep your fingers crossed as not every Pathfinder is experiencing this. I've had 2 very minor shudders (about 1 second each) in the 1200 miles I've driven mine.
As for the panel dripping...let your dealer investigate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Borinal,

Just thought I'd take the time, that others can't seem to find, to welcome you into the "Pathfinder Club."
To answer some of your questions...I have the Pathfinder Platinum and also have the Home Link mirror without a compass. I think I remember reading somewhere that for some reason, the compass option wasn't offered as standard equipment on the Platinum or Platinum Premium.
As for the year of your vehicle...I believe that the 2014s weren't in production until July of 2013. So you most likely have a 2013.
With the CVT shuddering, keep your fingers crossed as not every Pathfinder is experiencing this. I've had 2 very minor shudders (about 1 second each) in the 1200 miles I've driven mine.
As for the panel dripping...let your dealer investigate.
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I believe that it is due to the navigation system having a compass if I had to guess, but it's still useful. Not a big deal really though I generally know which direction I'm going anyways. So far no shudder and hopefully I won't experience it. It's not super clear what the differences are on the 2013 model and the 2014 model but one thing seems for sure is that the shudder isn't absent from the 2014 model.

I was hoping that it was just the condenser. It's not at a location that I'd expect to see the drip, but then again I've never owned a vehicle with multiple climate control systems I am a fairly technical person but I don't know what that translates into, really aside from there being a condenser back there I can't even fathom what might leak/drip from that area.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I believe that it is due to the navigation system having a compass if I had to guess, but it's still useful. Not a big deal really though I generally know which direction I'm going anyways. So far no shudder and hopefully I won't experience it. It's not super clear what the differences are on the 2013 model and the 2014 model but one thing seems for sure is that the shudder isn't absent from the 2014 model.

I was hoping that it was just the condenser. It's not at a location that I'd expect to see the drip, but then again I've never owned a vehicle with multiple climate control systems I am a fairly technical person but I don't know what that translates into, really aside from there being a condenser back there I can't even fathom what might leak/drip from that area.
Minor point, the condenser is up front, the evaporator is up under the dash.

I glanced at the factory manual, and it appears there is only one evaporator (the part that produces condensation), and that is in the dash. Can you be more specific where you are seeing the liquid? Can you confirm that is water? Is it on the exterior panel, or coming from under neath the vehicle?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Minor point, the condenser is up front, the evaporator is up under the dash.

I glanced at the factory manual, and it appears there is only one evaporator (the part that produces condensation), and that is in the dash. Can you be more specific where you are seeing the liquid? Can you confirm that is water? Is it on the exterior panel, or coming from under neath the vehicle?
You know what, it looks like it's dripping from the tip of the tail pipe and it dries pretty quickly. Around my car smells like anti freeze but the engine bay looks clean and I can't see it leaking anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts