Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. Just picked up a 2017 pathfinder platinum edition yesterday. the first 40 clicks have been great so far :) Kids love the rear entertainment system and wifey loves the bose sound system. happy family, happy life

Hoping someone can shed some light on a couple of questions I had. Thanks in advance.
1. when I put the car in reverse mode , i get an icon in the dash that the sensors are off. i went through the "settings" and turn it on but it keeps turning off. i know im doing something wrong but not sure what..

2. how does the sonar thing work? while parking i tried to park on the side street BEHIND another car and went as close as possible to it but didnt get/hear any beeps or any warnings. Shouldn't something or a sound have popped up?

Thank you...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,582 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure none of the Pathfinders came with front parking sensors so you won't get any warnings when parking behind something. You can press the camera button when moving forward to see how close you are to the object.

If you already turned the sonar ON, there could be something wrong with the system.
You can temporally disable it when in reverse by pressing the menu button (looks like folders) on the left side of the steering wheel so make sure that is not the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello- we have a low mileage Pathfinder here in south Louisiana. We travel quite a bit to visit our son and daughter, and other relatives over in Florida.

I also use the Pathfinder to tow a boat and I fish along the coastal areas of Louisiana and over to north Florida.

I am looking for a new set of tires soon for the vehicle. We have a normal touring set for highway use. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more all terrain type of tire? While I am not looking to go offroad, I do want to look at a set of tires that can give me better traction on boat ramps and in wet and rainy weather, on less than smooth roads.

Thank you to all. I hope the week is going well for everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum !

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure none of the Pathfinders came with front parking sensors so you won't get any warnings when parking behind something. You can press the camera button when moving forward to see how close you are to the object.

If you already turned the sonar ON, there could be something wrong with the system.
You can temporally disable it when in reverse by pressing the menu button (looks like folders) on the left side of the steering wheel so make sure that is not the case.
Welcome to the forum !

thanks for responding. turns out the sonar setting was turned off. this video helped

just not sure why , when i reverse i get a message in the dash that sonar is off. i DO know its working because it beeps when i revers and get too close to an object.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine appears off when first switching to reverse but then turns on within a few seconds. Thought it was normal but maybe not?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,422 Posts
I am looking for a new set of tires soon for the vehicle. We have a normal touring set for highway use. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more all terrain type of tire? While I am not looking to go offroad, I do want to look at a set of tires that can give me better traction on boat ramps and in wet and rainy weather, on less than smooth roads.
Welcome to the forum! Have you browsed the Wheels, Tires & Suspension section? Lots of discussions there about beefier tires.

·
Registered
2020 nissan pathfinder sv
2 Posts
Hi Everyone. Just picked up a 2017 pathfinder platinum edition yesterday. the first 40 clicks have been great so far :) Kids love the rear entertainment system and wifey loves the bose sound system. happy family, happy life

Hoping someone can shed some light on a couple of questions I had. Thanks in advance.
1. when I put the car in reverse mode , i get an icon in the dash that the sensors are off. i went through the "settings" and turn it on but it keeps turning off. i know im doing something wrong but not sure what..

2. how does the sonar thing work? while parking i tried to park on the side street BEHIND another car and went as close as possible to it but didnt get/hear any beeps or any warnings. Shouldn't something or a sound have popped up?

Thank you...
The sensor only comes on when someone or object is in the rear on the car. Test it out it will come on when it detects an object. I had the same problem it took me a couple days to figure it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Thank you...
The message that that you see "Sonar Off" along with a little icon that resembles a button on your steering wheel is normal. It is simply an extremely poor way to communicate to you that if you want to shut the sonar off while reversing then you press that button on the steering wheel. Probably provides an option for stopping the alarms while backing up should you be towing something.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
718 Posts
The message that that you see "Sonar Off" along with a little icon that resembles a button on your steering wheel is normal. It is simply an extremely poor way to communicate to you that if you want to shut the sonar off while reversing then you press that button on the steering wheel. Probably provides an option for stopping the alarms while backing up should you be towing something.
That's exactly it. I rarely get to use our 2019 Pathfinder SV, but it took me until I read this thread to understand what this was all about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly it. I rarely get to use our 2019 Pathfinder SV, but it took me until I read this thread to understand what this was all about.
thanks for info and sharing your experiences. now it makes sense that you have the option to turn off the sonar when you are reversing and hence the reason why shows up in the display.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts