Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning, driving to work, i found out my car is blowing little or no heat. After I got into the office, I went to do some google search and found out if the car is low on Coolant, it can cost heating issues..

I went to check the coolant level and it's indeed very low, I drove to AutoZone and asked the guy which coolant I should get for my 2014 pathfinder, he seems to know what he was doing and got me a coolant, and told me to put it into my car. Which I did. without looking at the instructions,.. I filled it to the max. (The coolant was concreted and it needs to be mixed with water by the way)

Drive back to the office, I realized the heat was still not coming on.. Then later when I drove back home, the heat was still not coming on and then a check engine light came on.

When I got home, I used my OBD reader and got the code as

P0128

I called my mechanic and he said this engine light doesn't have much to do with the concentrated coolant and I just need to replace the thermostat.

Is he right?

Fluid Liquid Gas Household supply Flooring

Telephony Communication Device Gadget Gas Font

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
The amount you added is not much compared to what is already in the system. It will not cause that error in such short time frame (if any).
I personally don't like the "all vehicle" type coolant, there are many different ones out there for a reason.
I'd change the thermostat and then drain and refill with the appropriate coolant. I believe its blue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts